Game changer. pineapple tenderizer.

Evil Spock

Trusted Member
ive been watching YT vids on how to best cook steak and come across this pineapple puree tenderizer. its supposed to not change the taste of the beef. they were doing it on good cuts for some reason. i thought, if this is for real, im trying it on the shittiest steak i ever had. i bought blade steak once as a young bachelor, having my parents buy steak when i lived at home. didnt finish 2 bites before throwing it out. way too tough. couldnt understand why they even sold it. you need fresh pineapple, heat and processing will destroy the enzymes. i made a puree and coated all sides of the steak and let them sit for an hour. then completely washed them clean, dried well, seasoned and seared on a 500F skillet with butter. pre sliced and served to my friends. more friends dropped by and tried. nobody could believe it was fkn blade steak. it was delicious. no AAA rib but a great considering rib is around 20/lb and blade is 6/lb. i am now having steak twice a week. ps. dont tell sorbate

With great power comes great responsibility.
Last year I bought a beautiful 5 kg spiral ham for Easter. We usually cook ham with canned pineapple and cloves. This time my wife decided to use fresh pineapple instead. Packed it all throughout the ham, wrapped it in foil, and threw it in the oven. 4 hours later, instead of a delicious meal I found a pile of disgusting mush. It was completely inedible - had to toss the whole thing out.

That's when I learned about the incredible tenderizing properties of fresh pineapple!

Blade is very tender if it’s aged. I sell it on my counter and sell a lot. Now I sit on it in the cooler for 8 weeks though, lol.
Yeah, pineapple will work, you can also buy a product at loblaws called papin that will do the same job. Just don’t leave it on overnight or it will get a mealy texture on the surface.
I love blade steak, has way more flavour because of the fat and connective tissue. Like better for bodybuilders getting the extra tendon building blocks from a natural source instead of a pill, lol.
If you cook a blade roast in a crock pot it will crumble like pulled pork.

@Sorbate could i age blade at home?
ive avoided the pepin tenderizer because of the sugar as an ingredient.
If you had a commercial vac machine.
Or you can age a large chunk in your fridge, then trim off the outside when I goes bad after a few weeks. That will be trial and error, to age long enough but not too long that you taste the rot. I can tell by smell.

Or you can ask for a whole vacd piece and ask the production daye then leave it i your fridge for 4-5 weeks, then cut it up and freeze it.
It’s big though and usually has parts on the side I normalky trim off.

I wonder if this stuff would do anything for my tendinitis?