Forum Challenge - You want to get strong.. take a lift, train it hard and near max ...But do it every day for 30 days

PGM

Trusted Member
You want get strong. deadlift every day up to a near max. I want to challenge forum members to join in the bulgarian method that is known for their emphasis on specificity. If you want to get good at a exercise then train them, train them hard and often ...... train for half an hour then down time for mental and physical relaxation. Take lifts you want to improve. Do min assistance exercises and hammer the lift as often as possible. 3-5 reps with basic exercise … You will get to the point you will recuperate over night. Condition the body to accept everyday workout with same exercise than different ones every 2 to 3 days. Your strength will go through the roof. Here's a quote:

“If you get results when you are told you are doing everything wrong (Greg Doucette),
then are you really doing everything wrong”
  • I am in the deadlift challenge every day for a month. I will post a video daily of my heavy set
You can do what ever lift you would like. Who is in?

Last edited:
you are a brave person ;) . So whats your lift?
Well I’m not as strong as you all are for sure I’m kinda embarrassed but I can lift 100 but mostly using my legs & arms I have to be careful with my back problems I used to lift 350 but I believe I got split disc from it so I can’t do that no more.

I am just doing one major lift a day. I will start with warm ups for 3 to 4 sets ... then d 3- 5 rep with the sumo deadlift for say 2 and finally I will do a hard 2 and do this daily. I will then break off and do some upper body stuff. What I am focused on and will video is the last set of sumo deadlifts as that is the one I am trying to make stronger and wil raise the weight as it gets easier to do day over day week over week. What about a seat row or a leg press or some thing that don'won't hurt your back. Do a lift you enjoy doing.

I am just doing one major lift a day. I will start with warm ups for 3 to 4 sets ... then d 3- 5 rep with the sumo deadlift for say 2 and finally I will do a hard 2 and do this daily. I will then break off and do some upper body stuff. What I am focused on and will video is the last set of sumo deadlifts as that is the one I am trying to make stronger and wil raise the weight as it gets easier to do day over day week over week. What about a seat row or a leg press or some thing that don'won't hurt your back. Do a lift you enjoy doing.
Well I can’t wait to follow your workout so maybe I can learn something and benefit off of it. I’m going to try copy your workouts just with smaller weights I hope that’s OK.

Reactions: PGM
Well I can’t wait to follow your workout so maybe I can learn something and benefit off of it. I’m going to try copy your workouts just with smaller weights I hope that’s OK.
that is fine. I am going to start at a manageable weight as well. I will explain the lift as I am doing it so technique comes quickly cause sumo's are basically technique ... I found that out the hard way lol. I will post tonight as I am currently involved in a motorcycle rear tire removal which is giving me some problems and I need to get the tire in tonight lol. The lifting will be fun :)

So tonight I am going to up the weight to 345lbs for a couple. After that I only have 30 more lbs of olympic weights. Rather than pay an arm and a leg for more Olympic weights I am going to hang a 50 lb kettle bell in the middle of the bar and then add some chains. If I have to I will make a platform and add some bands. That is future planning. Won't have to worry about that till next week.

Last edited:
Well I only got to 305lbs on the sumo today. I made 2 attempts and knew I was transferring my weight forward onto my toes.and missing the lift. Third attempt i was able to shift back on the my heels and push on the outsides of my feet. When I did this the weight came up pretty good. So 325 will not happen today as I need get 305 easy before I shift up. So tomorrow 305 for 2
[GALLERY=media, 26][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 27][/GALLERY]

So tonight I am going to up the weight to 345lbs for a couple. After that I only have 30 more lbs of olympic weights. Rather than pay an arm and a leg for more Olympic weights I am going to hang a 50 lb kettle bell in the middle of the bar and then add some chains. If I have to I will make a platform and add some bands. That is future planning. Won't have to worry about that till next week.
Got any cinder blocks?
Lol

I only have rail car axles, with 3 inch bars... I’m back to lifting starting Tuesday! So I’m in.
Regards
SonOfOdin

Interesting. Conventional wisdom says you'd be over-training that single lift and have recovery issues, is that bro-science?

My buddy is a roofer, and he's shredded from doing the same "lifts" (pulling materials onto the roof, swinging the hammer) every day. I started to wonder about the concept of over-training after meeting that guy. I guess your body eventually adapts?

Interesting. Conventional wisdom says you'd be over-training that single lift and have recovery issues, is that bro-science?

My buddy is a roofer, and he's shredded from doing the same "lifts" (pulling materials onto the roof, swinging the hammer) every day. I started to wonder about the concept of over-training after meeting that guy. I guess your body eventually adapts?
I am going to refer you to a book that I have read a few times... If talks about methods used by Bob Peoples, Naim Suleymanoglu (Turkish weightlifter), Ivan Abadjiev (Bulgarian weightlifting Coach) and others. It is called Squat Everyday by Matt Perryman (kindle 7.99 on amazon). And the key point is the body and mind eventually adapt as long as you practice with very good technique and focus.

I also had a friend ... he was a carpet layer and he carried heavy carpets all day, kicked them into place ... hard job. I took TaeKwonDo with him. He weighed a little over a buck 50 and I was 220. He was the hardest puncher and kicker in the club. I think there is a bit of truth to doing the same thing hard everyday that makes you very very good at it.

I am going to refer you to a book that I have read a few times... If talks about methods used by Bob Peoples, Naim Suleymanoglu (Turkish weightlifter), Ivan Abadjiev (Bulgarian weightlifting Coach) and others. It is called Squat Everyday by Matt Perryman (kindle 7.99 on amazon). And the key point is the body and mind eventually adapt as long as you practice with very good technique and focus.

I also had a friend ... he was a carpet layer and he carried heavy carpets all day, kicked them into place ... hard job. I took TaeKwonDo with him. He weighed a little over a buck 50 and I was 220. He was the hardest puncher and kicker in the club. I think there is a bit of truth to doing the same thing hard everyday that makes you very very good at it.

Thanks for the book recommendation, I'll check it out. I'm always up for trying something different, even just for a little while to mix things up.

Today I was worn out and did not feel like lifting but I did it anyway, cause it's my 30 day path. I started with 275 with 3 sets of 3. Went to 295 for 2 ... then I got 315 for 1. I only surpassed yesterday by 10lbs, at the same time my technique is getting better as I did not miss a lift today. Still feel technique is holding my weight lifted down. Over time technique will get better and weight will go up, My lower back is feeling better now as well so bonus.
[GALLERY=media, 28][/GALLERY]