Food for thought

ironwill

Trusted Member
Trusted Member
Hi,

I see a lot of folks taking AI's etc because they speak about bloat etc.

I rarely use anti estrogens ever. They are necessary for some folks I totally realize that.
I used to over use as well, but I discovered a few things and have not been utilizing much at all anymore.
We lose some gains by too low of estrogen and many other health issues arise and cosmetic issues.

My solution:

Potassium is lacking in most of us.
Magnesium big time as well.
We typically need 450 mg of magnesium daiy and 4500 mg of potassium. We need salt to survive and when we are cycling we are more prone to bloat, water retention etc. WE Eat more food, and many times ingest more salts.
Potassium regulates the salt in our body.

It is tough to find potassium in capsules tabs etc as it is regulated to 100 or 150 mg tabs I believe.
There is a product called No salt, Salt free etc. Many names and many brands. available at most grocery stores near the salt and spices.
This is almost 100% potassium Chloride and a wee bit of potassium iodide and some inert calcium anti caking agents that are natural minerals..
1/4 tsp of this gives you around 650 mg of potassium.

Daily I take a little zip lock bag and put 300 mg of magnesium citrate in, and 2600 mg of potassium from No Salt in and 1/8 - 1/4 tsp of sea salt. I take that baggie and I dump a bit into my water here and there throughout the day.I finish it by end of day as I go to the gym.

I have almost no bloat often, except a sunday Chinese food day or pizza night or a restaurant night, but not as bad as before.
I am way more hydrated as these are electrolytes that we are pretty much all short on within our bodies.
I have 0 muscle spasms anymore, not one ever.
I used to get bad spasms in my traps or neck and shoulders and numbness in my arm from spasms pinching around the nerves.
Spasms also affect the flow of lymph through your body.
Ive been doing this for a long while now and have helped a few folks out with this remedy, so i figured i would share it with you guys

If you are unhealthy with kidney or heart issues, don't listen to my post...Potassium at low doses is safe for sure when we are healthy and takes a lot to be harmfull and very beneficial when lacking.
Too much Magnesium will make you shart like no tomorrow, so figure out what you get from foods etc. Guaranteed most of us are deficient in both.

Last edited:
If you are unhealthy with kidney or heart issues, don't listen to my post...Potassium at low doses is safe for sure and takes a lot to be harmfull and very beneficial when lacking.
Too much Magnesium will make you shart like no tomorrow, so figure out what you get from foods etc. Guaranteed most of us are deficient in both.

Hyperkalemia is not nice in kidney disease.

Hyperkalemia is not nice in kidney disease.
You bet, I had to put in a small disclaimer.
In saying that typically you don't run cycles much while you have Kidney disease etc. But I figured I would throw a warning out there anyway.

Last edited:
You bet, I had to put in a small disclaimer.
In saying that typically you don't run cycles much while you have Kidney disease etc. But I figured I would throw a warning out there anyway.

Not cycles, but Test is sometimes prescribed for wasting during hemodialysis.
I've derailed your thread. Apologies. I will leave now.

Not cycles, but Test is sometimes prescribed for wasting during hemodialysis.
I've derailed your thread. Apologies. I will leave now.
Not at all Bagua, it is good to throw that in there as well for extra learning.
Always welcomed in any of my threads amigo. I don't mind derails, and this imo is not a derail, good info.

I drink a daily concoction of borax (boron), no salt, pink himalayan salt, no salt, food grade epsom salts (magnesium), ACV, and organic lemon juice all mixed in to sparkling spring water. If you do something like this, brush your teeth afterwards, but yes no bloat ever! Stole this drink from the IF community, works great for everyone, unless of course you have kidney and heart problems! Great post, thank you @ironwill

I drink a daily concoction of borax (boron), no salt, pink himalayan salt, no salt, food grade epsom salts (magnesium), ACV, and organic lemon juice all mixed in to sparkling spring water. If you do something like this, brush your teeth afterwards, but yes no bloat ever! Stole this drink from the IF community, works great for everyone, unless of course you have kidney and heart problems! Great post, thank you @ironwill

Cool!!!! I also add in Borax, I didn't want anyone to think I am weird so I didn't add it in there..lol, but hell if there is another weirdo on board I am stoked and revealing myself....lol
I start my day with 1-1.5 organic lemons squeezed and then I eat 1 hour later.

Obviously you know about this as well Afflicted, so I will elaborate a bit if anyone else is curious.

Borax is another very underutilized mineral. People see it as a cleaner or chemical. It is a great antifungal, anti bacterial and whitener, but not a chemical at all.
It is sodium tetraborate and is mined like lime basically and pulverized into powder.

Great form of Boron and Boron is another mineral we are severely lacking in from our diets. Used to get plenty but now processing basically kills it.
Boron is a miracle mineral as well.
I use 1/8 tsp to 1/4 tsp in my concoction.

Cool!!!! I also add in Borax, I didn't want anyone to think I am weird so I didn't add it in there..lol, but hell if there is another weirdo on board I am stoked and revealing myself....lol
I start my day with 1-1.5 organic lemons squeezed and then I eat 1 hour later.

Obviously you know about this as well Afflicted, so I will elaborate a bit if anyone else is curious.

Borax is another very underutilized mineral. People see it as a cleaner or chemical. It is a great antifungal, anti bacterial and whitener, but not a chemical at all.
It is sodium tetraborate and is mined like lime basically and pulverized into powder.

Great form of Boron and Boron is another mineral we are severely lacking in from our diets. Used to get plenty but now processing basically kills it.
Boron is a miracle mineral as well.
I use 1/8 tsp to 1/4 tsp in my concoction.

$4 a box for one of the strongest arthritis cures on the planet :) It was an essential part of the growth of new cartilage inside my knee coupled with prolotherapy.

When you say whitening, does that mean you can use it with baking soda on your teeth?

The mainstream fed the masses propaganda that borax is toxic, quite the opposite if a proper dosing protocol is followed. You load it for 5 days at half a tsp then maintenance is like you say 1/4 to 1/8.

$4 a box for one of the strongest arthritis cures on the planet :) It was an essential part of the growth of new cartilage inside my knee coupled with prolotherapy.

When you say whitening, does that mean you can use it with baking soda on your teeth?

The mainstream fed the masses propaganda that borax is toxic, quite the opposite if a proper dosing protocol is followed. You load it for 5 days at half a tsp then maintenance is like you say 1/4 to 1/8.
yeah man, I buy my borax at the health food store only because in grocery stores it is beside the fabric softeners and the perfumed laundry soaps. I had a perfume smell to it from grocery stores and it absorbs kind of like baking soda. I am probably going to finite in details with that, but the health food store is right beside the grocery store and the borax is alone in a different style box not the green borax 20 mule team ones. Which are just as good, I'm just fussy.

Good for internal parasites as well.

As a tooth whitener it works very well, and freshens laundry and helps with whitening especially mixed with hydrogen peroxide in the wash. We don't use perfumed laundry soap or fabric softeners .

Wasn't Boron a popular supplement back in the 80s? Weider had some out, I do believe.
It sure was poular with the bbers in the 80s and 90s. You bet.
I don't believe the mg recommended serving was high enough, but I remember buying it and using it back then.

It sure was poular with the bbers in the 80s and 90s. You bet.
I don't believe the mg recommended serving was high enough, but I remember buying it and using it back then.

I thought I could remember spending my bucks on the stuff.