Flu shots

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
About that time of year again. Lets hear some discussion on the topic. Personally I dont normally get it. I dont like needles..lol. But Im not against it or some crazy hippie who thinks essientail oil will save me instead.

My biggest issue I have is that they kinda predict what the virus will be, since they dont really know what this years viruses will do. So it might work or might not IMO.

But it not gonna make you sick or give you autism ffs.

14 straight years I got the flu shot. Most I ever got sick was for 2-3 days and then tired for additional few.

Last year got busy and never got it. Got the flu, was in bed for solid week and then hacking up stuff for additional 3 weeks. Brutal

Coincidence? I don’t know, so many variables but I went and got the shot as soon as available this year. Can’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time getting the flu shot was last year and only had a couple of minor head colds. Years previous wasn’t so good, probably a coincidence....never really know, but I’m going to get it again this year regardless.

I went for quite a few years going without it because my immune system was working quite well due to the population I was working with carried every nasty little bug. Two years not being around that population, I came down with the flu. The next year which was just last year, I got it and didn't get sick. It worked quite well for me.
The first formulation is out now based on the sequence influenza goes through, but I think it doesn't include the strain that hit Australia with the most illness in twenty years.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/04/health/flu-australia-america.html

Everyone will have anecdotal reports - my colleague and now I don’t get it but our company pays for it. We did twice and both years got the flu.
Otherwise, I haven’t had the flue in decades.
Flip a coin.

Personally, I've never had one. Like English said, I dont even remember the last time I was sick with a flu. Definitely over a decade and maybe closer to 2. I'll get a little cold or feel off for a few days but it passes.

I don't get it and my personal opinion is that we should be exposed to help build immunities. The exception can be the very young and very old that need the help.

I can agree to a point but would include people who work with them.

I think it’s all about exposure to people....I work in an office with 1000 people, my wife works in an office with 3000 and we got a teen in school. Too many people trapped indoors.

I don't get it and my personal opinion is that we should be exposed to help build immunities. The exception can be the very young and very old that need the help.
I agree 100% and I've only had it twice....both times we had an infant in the house, I only got it for their safety.
The first time I felt like a bag of hot garbage and the second time the shot didn't bother me at all.

I think it’s all about exposure to people....I work in an office with 1000 people, my wife works in an office with 3000 and we got a teen in school. Too many people trapped indoors.

Take a look at the etiology of the Spanish Flu of 1918-1920.

I always get sick, no matter what. People always come to work sick because they use their sick days to stretch out long weekends, so they have no sick days to take when they're actually sick. It really pisses me off. And if not from work then kids are certain to bring something back from school.

If I get the flu shot, I get the flu. If I don't get the flu shot, I get the flu.
Damned if I do and damned if I dont, so why bother?

Can I just mix it with my gear to save myself from the sloppy shoulder pin job that you get from the nurse?

I have never recvd the flu shot. I have not had a flu for a very long time. Not going for it again this year.
I would rather let my body attempt to build its own immunity to things.

Sometimes I take it, sometimes not. I don't remember the last time I had a flu, been probably 10+ years.