First Cycle Review

esper

Hey all 👋

After several weeks of research I'm feeling about ready to place the order for my first cycle.
I've tried my best to make this the most basic, clean cycle I possibly can. I'm open to any and all suggestions within reason!

STATS:
Sex: Male
Starting Weight: 195lbs
Body Fat: 17%
Height: 6'1
Build: athletic
History: lifting for 5 years, serious for 2

DIET:
Approximately 2500 calories/day
I eat a very clean plant-based diet. Loads of beans, greens and legumes & organic tofu with sweet potato, brown rice, etc. I don't shy away from carb-heavy foods but as an endomorph I always make sure to at least match protein to carbs in a carb-heavy meal

WORK OUT SCHEDULE:
Currently on a pretty heavy powerlifting program, Phraks Greyskull LP has me doing upper and lower body in the same workout 3 days a week. I do 1 hour of moderate cardio on my off days. Sundays are for sleeping.

SUPPLEMENTS:
Protein powder - 80 grams of protein/day
Vitamin D
DHA
Zinc
Magnesium and Melatonin for sleep

CYCLE:
500mg Test E / wk for 12 weeks (250mg e3d)
400iu HCG 2x/wk

PCT:
Starting 2 weeks after my last dose of T
Nolvadex - 40/20/20/20/20/10
Clomid - 50/50/25/25/12.5/12.5

AI:
I'll have Aromasin on hand in case I need it and will start dosing 0.25mg e2d and increase as needed.

Remaining questions:
1. I naturally tend to lean towards higher Est (probably as a result of diet) so I predict I will probably experience some "spicy nips". Is my dosage of Asin adequate or would I be better off just taking 20mg Nolvadex e2d? (keeping in mind i'm taking HCG as well).

2. General opinions: As stated previously, I'm open to suggestions within reason

Last edited:
Plant based only? No meat??🤯
Mind if i ask how many grams of protein do you take in each day and how much will you take in while on your cycle?
I know for me as soon as i am over a trt dose, i need a ton more food or i just go backwards.

You need to keep estrogen in check but I like to wait till symptoms appear so you know what they will be like then start dosing. No need for nolva unless actual gyno / lumps appear

looks like you might have your aromasin mixed up with adex. Aromasin tabs are usually 12.5mg and adex at 1mg.

at 6’1 and 195 lbs your calories seem pretty low

Plant based only? No meat??🤯
Mind if i ask how many grams of protein do you take in each day and how much will you take in while on your cycle?
I know for me as soon as i am over a trt dose, i need a ton more food or i just go backwards.

haha yep, no meat, eggs or dairy for 9 years now. I generally eat about 230-250g of protein per day, 80g of which is from powder, the rest comes mostly from beans/legumes like lentils and chickpeas and a little bit from organic soy. My plan is to up this to approx 300g of protein per day on cycle!

You need to keep estrogen in check but I like to wait till symptoms appear so you know what they will be like then start dosing. No need for nolva unless actual gyno / lumps appear

looks like you might have your aromasin mixed up with adex. Aromasin tabs are usually 12.5mg and adex at 1mg.

good catch you're absolutely right,
so I will have Asin on hand to start dosing at 12.5mg should symptoms begin.

Yeah 12.5mg on pin days would be a good start if symptoms do appear and can dial in from there up/down.

getting bloods would be optimal as it takes the guess work out

at 6’1 and 195 lbs your calories seem pretty low

yep they are, i've been on a cut for a while now. The upside of not eating meat is that faux meats are pretty calorically dense and by adding them to my current diet of mostly simple plant proteins I can up my calories for a bulk rather easily

yep they are, i've been on a cut for a while now. The upside of not eating meat is that faux meats are pretty calorically dense and by adding them to my current diet of mostly simple plant proteins I can up my calories for a bulk rather easily

From someone who has been there... watch out for salt and blood pressure though.

Thanks & good luck,

OD