Finasteride and nandrolone

vancitybb

Trusted Member
After noticing some thinning of my hairline recently, I've started the war to preserve my hair. I've got a dr apt soon and will try to get a finasteride scrip. Shouldn't be a hard sell, as I'm on HRT and I'm sure that's the main contributor.

I've also got a nandrolone cycle planned for the near future. I understand NPP is very easy on the hair. However, I've read many articles saying the combo of nandrolone and fin will absolutely destroy your hair. Does anyone have experience with this? Surely there are many BBs on fin who run deca/NPP? Can you just stop the fin before and during your cycle?

I'm currently using RU58841, and would keep that going throughout.

I've heard horror stories of people on fin destroying their hair with a nandrolone cycle. Is it just bs? Can anyone here speak from experience?

Your body converts nandrolone to DHN which is much less androgenic and the science behind it is when finasteride is put into your system, it stops the coversion to DHN and is androgenic with androgenic side effects like hair loss.
Lots of people argue both sides but the science is logical.
See below:
Typically Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca-Durabolin) and Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (NPP) are very hair safe Steroids (they are the same hormone with different esters).
Deca/NPP is slightly more anabolic than testosterone with a rating of 125 compared to testosterone’s rating of 100.
However, it is significantly less androgenic with a rating of only 37, compared to Testosterone’s rating of 100.
The low androgen rating is due to the Nandrolone hormone converting to dihydronandrolone (DHN) instead of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body.
This low androgen rating and zero DHT conversion makes it an ideal steroid for those who wish to avoid the acceleration of hair loss/male pattern baldness.

“When they are used concurrently, an interesting scenario unfolds; Nandrolone is inhibited from converting into the metabolite DHN (dihydronandrolone) at the 5α-Reductase enzyme.
At least, it's mostly inhibited by Finasteride, and is almost entirely inhibited by Dutasteride.
In addition, the metabolite of Deca-Durabolin is less androgenic than the parent compound (Nandrolone), which means that if you aren't able to convert the circulating Nandrolone into the less androgenic metabolite DHN, you now have significantly more free Nandrolone circulating in your system, which is more androgenic and has a far greater likelihood of wreaking havoc on the hairline.”

I’m taking deca and finasteride and it isn’t wrecking my hair line and yes I’m proce to MPB. I ordered topical finasteride just for this reason. There will still be some absorption into the blood but not as much as taking it orally.