Fighters

Bagua

Staff member
Not many changes.
I had the opportunity to watch the fight tonight with boxers and trainers from my region. @biguglynewf might know the owner. It was fun focussing on the technique instead of the blood.
I Boxed. Randori was part of my life. Kumite was frequent. The spectator aspect of pugilism always struck me as bizarre.
I saw wanton disregard for the fighters from the spectators.
I ponder why people can watch a brutal display with minimal knowledge of the sport?

I find that local boxing and kick boxing spectators are more knowledgeable than local mma crowds.

I am glad you were able to get out and support a local event. It’s important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not many changes.
I had the opportunity to watch the fight tonight with boxers and trainers from my region. @biguglynewf might know the owner. It was fun focussing on the technique instead of the blood.
I Boxed. Randori was part of my life. Kumite was frequent. The spectator aspect of pugilism always struck me as bizarre.
I ponder why people can watch a brutal display with minimal knowledge of the sport?
How competitive did you box? Do any martial arts? Do you watch any of the MMA organizations?

Not many changes.

Donnie’s spot? I was back in not long ago. Didn’t stay though.... they were happy to see someone big enough to spare with Gary..... yeah fuck that!!!! Lol! I would die!

Donnie’s spot? I was back in not long ago. Didn’t stay though.... they were happy to see someone big enough to spare with Gary..... yeah fuck that!!!! Lol! I would die!

Gary is still there from time to time. He just lets people pound on him now. Head Coach is Jack now. Old guy 77 and we had a good talk about the old days at Sully's. The knowledge he has about the Boxing world is phenomenal.

How competitive did you box? Do any martial arts? Do you watch any of the MMA organizations?

That's a very long story. Boxing from 63 in the navy league in Dartmouth and kept it up to a certain extent until 78. Just a Club fighter. Martial Arts? I started in 73 in Old Yang Tai Chi Chuan and Baguazhang but drifted to Yamaguchi Goju Ryu and Japanese Kempo which led to Five Animals Gung Fu. The Gung Fu club was very eclectic and we actually did more kickboxing than Gung Fu. I continued to journey with the Japanese styles (mainly Shotokan and Goju) and ITF Tae Kwon Do. Next, I ventured to Wing Chun and Kali which I do currently but maintain a base in Okinawa-te because I am old.
I haven't been a fan of MMA for nearly 20 years. It's just not the same as it used to be.

Gary is still there from time to time. He just lets people pound on him now. Head Coach is Jack now. Old guy 77 and we had a good talk about the old days at Sully's. The knowledge he has about the Boxing world is phenomenal.

I think I know jack. Spoke with him at the counter each time I was in