Fasting - Do you?

ABMonkey

PCTing.
Trusted Member
I watched one of JM/Dr.Serrano's videos were they both advocate fasting. It seems to have many positives including insulin resistance benefits.

JM says that he generally fasts for 24hr periods usually once every 10 days or when travelling. Having been loading up on the cals (4300k+/day) and carbs recently I feel like I could benefit from a 24hr fast.

Has anyone tried it and do you feel like you got anything from it? Would love to hear some input from other members.

I’ve done it but many many years ago. This was long before insulin was known about so I don’t have any input there. I’ve gone as long as 5 days drinking only water. It probably had some benefits, but mostly it was just a case of beating your head hard against a wall repeatedly and realizing how great it felt when you stopped lol.

ive experimented doing different fasts. i went 2 days on water then 10 more on diluted lemon water electrolyte concoction. it was a surreal experience after the 4th day when the hunger disappeared. i felt like i could go without eating ever again. also, id be doing something with friends and someone would say" hey, whos hungry" or something like that. everyone would think and then respond, "ya, i could eat" or something like that. we would go eat and then end up doing something different. then the cycle would continue. you really dont see the effect of human biology on behaviour until you step outside of it. after that experience, id tell people that the health benefits didnt really seem to extend outside the 4 day mark. then science came out a few years ago and confirmed the same saying 3 days.
ive tried some of the different intermittent fasting protocols and i found them to be BS, just an excuse for slackers to skip breakfast or not prepare their meals. people will buy into what they want to hear. i just found i didnt have the energy through the day or for training. and fuck that shit to hell that says you can work out and continue fasting on bcaa until feeding window or fast then train. imo, not for high performance machine.
the science seems conclusive though about other things though. im not obsessive about breakfast and im ok now with 3-4 meals a day plus snacking, depending on activity level.

My longest fast was 5 days and the hunger pains stopped after 48 hours albeit I still wanted to eat. I obviously wasn’t exercising hard.
Regularity fast 24 hours but not for insulin reasons - just giving the organs a break.
I feel good while fasting - I still take supplements for my liver and BCAA’s. The naturopath I see suggests i do it once a month for 2-3 days.

Gonna try a 24-48 hour fast starting tommorow when I wake up. Will see how I feel after a day to decide if I want to make it 2 days.

Never done it and probably won’t. I understand the potential benefits but it’s not something I’d consider at the moment

To me it doesnt make sense to be running gear and missing a shit ton of feeding windows?
Lol

I think the only "window" you worry about when on is if you're using 'slin. Otherwise, I strongly believe the "window" is a myth.

i dont mean the 30 min window post workout. Im talking about keeping protein synthesis high as often as possible

To me it doesnt make sense to be running gear and missing a shit ton of feeding windows?

I agree but is that because we have had that drilled into us for so long? I mean there is an argument to be made for "supercompensation" as well as the life extension aspect.

This guy talks about what seems like a well thought out protocol but it seems ridiculously complicated and quite frankly a lil risky. I'd really need to dig in to each part of what he's saying before even thinking about trying it. Old school way works and seems much simpler.

I do some IF but mostly based around fasted cardio with peps and cutting phases. Generally though I eat frequently including about 250 calories of carbs and aminos during my workout alone.