extended health insurance

addy

Trusted Member
Just wanted to see who here pays for private healthcare insurance? What insurance company do you use and what do they include? Reason I ask is because I started to get deep tissue massages which help my back enough I can avoid painkillers but they are expensive, 120$ for a hour, so its adding up quickly if I go once a week which I need to because lifting be hurting my back/rest of body pretty good. Also would like to visit the dentist to take care of some fillings at 250$ each Ive been putting them off for a while, do not want a root canal!

and last question, because this isnt life insurance I guess they dont snoop through your medical records correct? (mine have steroid use on them so no life insurance for me)

When I was an independant contractor I paid my own benefits and want to say the amount for extended was around 250 for the family. I know there were times though that I considered dropping it and just paying for what I needed out of pocket so you really have to crunch the numbers. Oh and tell the dentist you're paying out of pocket and they will usually give you a better price than the insurance company ;)

I was with sunlife for a bit back in 2017 and it was about 105 a month for myself

When I was an independant contractor I paid my own benefits and want to say the amount for extended was around 250 for the family. I know there were times though that I considered dropping it and just paying for what I needed out of pocket so you really have to crunch the numbers. Oh and tell the dentist you're paying out of pocket and they will usually give you a better price than the insurance company ;)
Hey was that 250 a year? I just called a bunch of extended health insurance companies and went on a number crunch spree lol, basically the only people 'worth it' so far is bluecross. At 11$ per month for there basic coverage they will pay a massive 25$ per massage session at a max after 12 session per year.. sooo I get to save lets see.. 168$ per year on 12 massages LOL.. not even worth it and getting them to pay for a claim I heard is like pulling teeth. & MSP is a joke if anyone hasnt already noticed. Oh well guess Ill be paying out of pocket or taking pills again. /endthread

Funny... i had this conversation today to find out if i can claims benefits through my work, and then whatever isn't covered by my work, then i would submit to a private conpany like blue cross to make up the difference. Does anybody do this? Is Saskatchewan blue cross different than other provinces?

Hey was that 250 a year? I just called a bunch of extended health insurance companies and went on a number crunch spree lol, basically the only people 'worth it' so far is bluecross. At 11$ per month for there basic coverage they will pay a massive 25$ per massage session at a max after 12 session per year.. sooo I get to save lets see.. 168$ per year on 12 massages LOL.. not even worth it and getting them to pay for a claim I heard is like pulling teeth. & MSP is a joke if anyone hasnt already noticed. Oh well guess Ill be paying out of pocket or taking pills again. /endthread

lol 250 a month.