Example of lameness of commercial gym, not a humblebrag

gondar1

I'm kind of a big deal in Japan
Trusted Member
Overall I'm still at about 75% effort at the gym due to some nagging injuries but I can go near 100% on a few movements. So I finish up some close grip bench and am sitting on bench breathing hard, oxygen debt etc. Ear buds in and music off so i can hear everyone around me. New front desk girl comes over with a very concerned look on her face and puts her hand on my (wet lol) shoulder - "Hey are you ok?" I say "yep". Other employee chick arrives and as they are walking away she says to first girl "Don't worry about him that's that guy that trains hard".

That's how lame it is there sometimes and why I train at more than one place, like wtf ? it's really that rare there? lolz

Overall I'm still at about 75% effort at the gym due to some nagging injuries but I can go near 100% on a few movements. So I finish up some close grip bench and am sitting on bench breathing hard, oxygen debt etc. Ear buds in and music off so i can hear everyone around me. New front desk girl comes over with a very concerned look on her face and puts her hand on my (wet lol) shoulder - "Hey are you ok?" I say "yep". Other employee chick arrives and as they are walking away she says to first girl "Don't worry about him that's that guy that trains hard".

That's how lame it is there sometimes and why I train at more than one place, like wtf ? it's really that rare there? lolz

Very rare.

At the gym I frequent the most... I'm thr ONLY guy sucking wind and sweating.

Everyone else shows up in fancy clothing and does 5 sets over the course of an hour.

I'm always shorts and a thick hoodie (Usually wet by the end... breathing hard.
Hood up, headphones in... time to put some work in.

That's what you get when you hit the big gyms lol

This is why I’d love to start my own gym. If you’re wearing fancy shoes, 200$ track pants and your sweater has never seen a drop of sweat you’re not welcome.

I can’t count how many times the same desk girl asks if I’m ok or if I got hurt cuz I’m shuffling out of the gym after a serious leg session.

Why is it odd or concerning to see a guy pouring sweat breathing heavy red faced in a gym? Isn’t that what you’re there for? So weird that it’s normal not to break a sweat at the gym and that work outs take 2 hours and you only did 8 sets of curls in the squat rack!

Its very rare these days. They think your sick just because you puke. There is 3 regulars in my gym who actually train hard. All of them are over 50 and stronger then the rest. Tells you something about the generations

I always do leg day at home, the odd time I do legs at a commercial gym in the area someone always asks me if I'm ok. Only on those days where its just too cold for my garage to heat up, this year has been warm.

Surprisingly nobody ever tells me to keep it down, and I grunt and swear a bit for sure getting that last rep or two. I think it helps to be fully tattooed. People generally leave you alone.

The sad part is they don’t actually care if you’re ok or not they just want to make sure they can’t be held liable if something did. “We checked on him and he said he was fine”....

I always do leg day at home, the odd time I do legs at a commercial gym in the area someone always asks me if I'm ok. Only on those days where its just too cold for my garage to heat up, this year has been warm.

Surprisingly nobody ever tells me to keep it down, and I grunt and swear a bit for sure getting that last rep or two. I think it helps to be fully tattooed. People generally leave you alone.
I try to squat nude while doing the helicopter. I get left alone as well...
When i do deads nude and cough as i am going down low, then i get in trouble. Hippocrits.