ex coworker joined the forces

musclememory

Independently Impoverished
Soooooooo, this guy I used to work with quit where we worked so he could join the Military, in a combat arms trade none the less. When I heard he was planning on doing that I offered him some advice as to what to expect and that maybe it was time to start getting in shape. He had a few months before basic started so it would be smart to start getting fit. The odd thing was that this guy kind of had a problem with his one leg and limped all the time. I couldn't believe he had been accepted in the forces let alone into a combat arms trade.

Anyway he didn't take any of my advice or that of another person there that was in the know as well. He felt he had it all figured out and it would be a cake walk. Well I learned today that he didn't make it and had called about a month ago looking for his job back. Which he didn't get because he had acted like a jackass at work once he learned he was leaving for the forces.

SO he was talking to the other person that had offered advice and they had said I told you what it was going to be like and how tough it was going to be. To that the guy said ya I know but I didn't think it was going to be like THAT.

What the hell did he thing he was joining? The boy scouts. Its the military for goodness sake. Its a tough place because they have a tough job to do. Also by going combat arms he had picked the toughest route to take. That is the REAL military, that is the pointy end of the spear, that is a live and die situation. That is why its tough, they are preparing you for a task that is unimaginable unless you have been there. There is no way to soften that job. The forces are better off without him. Better to find out now he couldn't cut it than to find out he couldn't on a battlefield somewhere when his buddies are relying on him. Not sure what the hell the recruiter was doing signing this guy but they might need to look at their standards a bit.

Not sure why people think it’s ok to burn bridges. I saw my dad do it several times and he ruined a long term friendship from someone who helped him out when he was down.

@musclememory your “buddy” will have a bigger problem now with what’s going on in the world.

Ya he is going to have a hard time finding work as evertything slows down for the next while. Once he knew he was going to the forces he called in all the time with stupid excusses and when at work had a shitty attitude. When he was talking to the other guy, who is a superviser, he asked if he had left in good terms...lol..The supervisor said no, and then explaned to him what I just said above on how he acted. The kid honestly thought he had left on good terms...lmfao. I just dont understand how people can be so delusional about their own behavior.