Dream Matchups In The Ring

Cog

Trusted Member
If you had to pick a dream fight between two boxers,who would they be?My pick,
Manny vs Roberto Duran.

Was going to say Tyson vs Ali about ten years ago, but I do think Tyson would win as Ali is so shaky.

My buddy and I used to have this debate from time to time. I think Tyson would dismantle Ali. Just so much faster and stronger than anyone in his time.

Tyson is arguably the greatest heavy weight of all time with a deadly cross, just ask Robin Givens.

Ali was incredibly fast in his prime.Tyson was something special though.The footwork of Ali,his confidence in avoiding a shot....his backpedaling.....

Do you remember the original pilot of Green Hornet?I didn’t know who Bruce Lee was then but everybody was wowed with his first demonstration of taking out 3 or 4 villains iirc.Shortly,I noticed that the fights were not as impressive.
Boxing

Hagler vs Mayweather

Don’t think Floyd could run from him for 12 rounds.

UFC

Coutour vs Jones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hagler would have clubbed him like a seal.Mayweather ran from Manny.

I believe Bruce Lee was replaced by another martial artist behind that mask,iirc.

I believe Bruce Lee was replaced by another martial artist behind that mask,iirc.

He was in for the full stint. He was told to slow down to allow the cameras to catch his technique. He hadn't quite figured out the choreography and camera angles needed at the time. He had problems with Robert Clouse on EnterThe Dragon which had fairly good choreography for the most part but he still had to slow down. It wasn't until he and Danny Inosanto started on Game of Death that he sort of ironed out some of the camera angles. It's like dancing for cameras. Gene Kelly is quoted as saying, "You learn to use the camera as part of the choreography."
Now everyone uses wires and much better camera work but it is still "choppy".

Reactions: Cog
Since this went to MMA - Jon Jones is probably the most gifted fighter with length, etc. If he could keep his life a little more straight, the best ever. Has never been beat other than one foolish disqualification.
The Spider in his prime vs Jones. Or couture vs. Jones which was already said. Jones is an incredible grappler and wrestler so it would have been interesting to see if Couture could get inside and run his ‘dirty boxing’ or take him down.

Figured I would drag this thread up from the past. Another 2 of my fav heavyweights.
Cormier vs fedor
Diaz vs khabib