Diuretic

The_Night_King

Winter Is Here:
Trusted Member
Hey so Dr gave me--
  • Hydrochlorothiazide-25mg Once per day.

Now this is something I have never taken before. I am a little familial with them, but is there anything I should be taking with it ? I have been told to make sure im drinking enough water and of course watch potassium. That shouldn't be an issue as I normally eat Banana every day. I know alot of you guys out there will have experience with this stuff as alot of guys use them when prepping.

Hey so Dr gave me--
  • Hydrochlorothiazide-25mg Once per day.

Now this is something I have never taken before. I am a little familial with them, but is there anything I should be taking with it ? I have been told to make sure im drinking enough water and of course watch potassium. That shouldn't be an issue as I normally eat Banana every day. I know alot of you guys out there will have experience with this stuff as alot of guys use them when prepping.

Do what you are doing and make sure you are getting your potassium in because the med does leech potassium. You could consider a potassium supp as well.

I read dates are high in Potassium. I love to eat those post work out :) But ya I guess I will have to watch it carefully.

Do what you are doing and make sure you are getting your potassium in because the med does leech potassium. You could consider a potassium supp as well.
@The_Night_King

What he said. After about a month or two on the hcl I would get bloods drawn for potassium. It's not real expensive OTC but if you need to bump it up you can get a script for it, most of the time it is covered by insurance on even the most basic plans including your provincial medical coverage.

Ya the dr wants me to come back in a month anyways just to check those levels. I gotta do some grocery shopping today, so will def be picking up some items to help.

But man, never pissed so much in my life last night lol. Woke up sweating and looked at myself just now. I look really flat, but def alot leaner hahaha. Im still a fat ass.

Last edited:
Gotta say feel dizzy today lol, but geez dropped 6 pounds in water since last night lol. Picked up big container of dates and bananna tho today.

BTW I take it in the morning cause if I take it too late I'm up pissing all night

1 banana per day isn't enough. It’s only 400mg. The daily recommended intake is 6x that (3300) and that’s for people who aren’t taking diuretics, you need 4000-5000

Also, monitor your water intake when you take this because just saying "im drinking extra water" will lead to inconsistent results, if you don't drink a similar amount of water everyday, at least 6 litres.

You can “just take more” of both water and potassium but without monitoring both you will have days where you look ripped and then other days where you look worse then before you even started taking it, plus you’ll be flat and dehydrated. So you need a potassium pill or powder, “no salt” salt substitute in the spices section of a grocery store is $5

Last edited:
Thanks guy's.. Went back to Dr today to get some more blood work... Bp is def down from what it was.. Im at around 125/70..... We did some blood work on potassium and other minerals. He said to just stick with the potassium from food for now.

And Magic,,, ya I typically use the no salt stuff.. But I do also have some Pink sea salt on hand which I use in moderation.

Thanks guy's.. Went back to Dr today to get some more blood work... Bp is def down from what it was.. Im at around 125/70..... We did some blood work on potassium and other minerals. He said to just stick with the potassium from food for now.

And Magic,,, ya I typically use the no salt stuff.. But I do also have some Pink sea salt on hand which I use in moderation.

they make a 1/2 and 1/2 mix too also in the spice section, its half pure potassium and 1/2 pure salt, much cheaper than potassium pills (y)

I tried a dyazide once before going to the spa. Man... The combination of the hot water and all had me looking flat as fuck, lol... Even my face looked like I had spend a week inside the place, lol....

I looked the way I would from an all night party, having sex all day, not eating, going to bed then waking up, hahaha....

@The Old Guy to help bring blood pressure down a bit.. But in all honesty I think my bp being high is due to my weight gain and poor diet. I gained around 15 lb atleast while travelling around Asia. Esp in Philippines, there is nothing healthy about Filipino food at all. I cant be rude either when we went to visit the misses Mom. I tell her Moma needs to use less salt and such in stuff lol.

Now bp is def down, ive cleaned up diet and eating pretty good again. Getting back into the gym every day, esp doing 20-30 mins cardio. These diuretic is def not something I want to rely on, hate how I feel on it.

Just debating also if I should come off my trt dose of test or just drop the dosage down to 100 mg per week ? Dr has np doing blood work. I can normally get any test I need.

Im 242 pounds now, I think i need to get to around 200 or lower and just stay as lean as possible, and just keep at it.

To your point - you don't want to be on a diuretic for long term anyways. Can actually cause the opposite effect. I speak from experience. HCTZ fucked me up where I had a prep I was on 12 different diuretics trying to get rid of water and pulling out all the other tricks and nothing. I had to come off HCTZ and stop all other forms because the combo of being told to use them all plus my long term use of HCTZ when I didn't need it (quack of a doc) caused me to retain more and more water.

To your point - you don't want to be on a diuretic for long term anyways. Can actually cause the opposite effect. I speak from experience. HCTZ fucked me up where I had a prep I was on 12 different diuretics trying to get rid of water and pulling out all the other tricks and nothing. I had to come off HCTZ and stop all other forms because the combo of being told to use them all plus my long term use of HCTZ when I didn't need it (quack of a doc) caused me to retain more and more water.

Our bodies always try to maintain status quo. Hence why we shutdown natural test production. I think eventually with diuretics your body would try to retain more water to counter act them.

Our bodies always try to maintain status quo. Hence why we shutdown natural test production. I think eventually with diuretics your body would try to retain more water to counter act them.

Luckily for people who use them for heart failure and renal disease, that doesn't happen. What is interesting is that people who use diuretics as a sole therapy for hypertension seem to have a higher number of deaths from myocardial infarction or sudden death than when using another med to piggyback treatment with. Propranolol, Aldomet, etc.