Depo-Testosterone Back Ordered

dane.dawg

Trusted Member
Went to get my script Friday and the pharmacist tells me Pfizer is backordered till October..
WTF..

Yes this happened to me too...the pharmacist just replaced the cyp with Dela

This is also the reason I always stay one or two vials ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I went to get mine about 3 weeks ago and for a couple of days they kept saying we will have it tomorrow. Then they said it was back ordered and they had no idea when it will be in. They suggested I check out others pharmacys and see if any had some on the shelf. We did find one with some actually in stock and I was able to get my refill. The first one we used was a wallymart the second one that could fill it was a pharmasave.

Last edited:
This pisses me off so much. I got the same story when I went to pick up my androgel a few months back. Would they ever tell someone on heart meds or insulin "it's on back order, sorry"?? Granted this isn't life-or-death, but there are serious consequences to going off. I dunno, I just feel like there's still a lack of respect for HRT patients; from the doctors on down to the pharmacists and manufacturers.

lol, i went through the opposite a few years back, delatestryl was always out, had to ask the DR to change the script to CYP

lol, i went through the opposite a few years back, delatestryl was always out, had to ask the DR to change the script to CYP
That why I asked for test-depo..
Going with Delatestyl till it's backordered..

This pisses me off so much. I got the same story when I went to pick up my androgel a few months back. Would they ever tell someone on heart meds or insulin "it's on back order, sorry"?? Granted this isn't life-or-death, but there are serious consequences to going off. I dunno, I just feel like there's still a lack of respect for HRT patients; from the doctors on down to the pharmacists and manufacturers.

Drug shortages are a day to day reality. Not just Test but BP meds and some cancer meds to name just a couple.
This is the Drug Shortages DataBase:
https://www.drugshortagescanada.ca/

The shortages should only get better with the Americans thinking of buying in bulk up here to save money...<roll eyes...this is sarcasm> Instead of fixing their issue with high prices they are talking about coming here to buy. This will only make matters worse for us.

Ya I went to get mine about 3 weeks ago and for a couple of days they kept saying we will have it tomorrow. Then they said it was back ordered and they had no idea when it will be in. They suggested I check out others pharmacys and see if any had some on the shelf. We did find one with some actually in stock and I was able to get my refill. The first one we used was a wallymart the second one that could fill it was a pharmasave.

Thats very odd to me...

I got a script for 10 viles to be given to me as the one I have runs out.

First vile i got at a pharmacy in another town. When I went to the pharmacy in town, they told me they are not allowed to fill the script because its tied to the pharmacy I got the first vile at. They told me they can not transfer the remainder of the script because of how Canada classifies testosterone.

I had to get a my doctor to cancel the remaining 9 viles and fax the pharamcy a new script for me of 9 viles.

It was for 1 vial only. Though my next appointment is 6 months down the road the dr only gives prescriptions for 1 vial at a time. So the pharmacy has to call when I need more and he faxes over another one. Its a PITA. Anyway when the first pharmacy couldnt fill it they gave me back my prescription so I could look elsewhere.

Last edited:
In Calgary Test Cyp is not available/back ordered but Test E is available later this week at my pharmacy. And as @musclememory states, it can only get worse as the U.S. starts flocking to Canadian pharmacies.

Of course, there’s always UGL... will probably help their business!

It was for 1 vial only. Though my next appointment is 6 months down the road the dr only gives prescriptions for 1 vial at a time. So the pharmacy has to call when I need more and he faxes over another one. Its a PITA. Anyway when the first pharmacy couldnt fill it they gave me back my prescription so I could look elsewhere.
Wow, one vial at a time hey, thats a little over the top in my opinion. I find it a pain in the ass picking up two vials at a time... Originally the way my doctor used to write it only allowed the pharmacy to dispense two at time because it was written per week and they're only allowed to dispense two max every 70 days. I found that a pain in the ass so I asked my doc to write it differently and he said no problem, he wrote it for so much a week for 52 weeks total. I went to the pharmacy and they were about to give me all 8 vials until they asked if I had insurance and I said yes (just got it) all happily just in time for the pharmacist to tell me that insurance will only allow them to dispense 2 at a time....Fuck sakes lol