Curcumin - this is a long read but many of the studies may be related to gear use.

Goldenrod

Staff member

Autoimmune diseases, cancer, liver protection, BP for some situations, diabetic issues, and so on. Worth reading and educating yourself.
Turmeric's bioavailability is increased by 2000% with piperine, according to data the same can be said for curcumin unless it has been modified for better absorption. Natural factors theracurmin has several studies showing its increased bioavailability but I believe all the studies were completed by the same company so take it with a grain of salt.
GR

I appreciate the article man, i definitely believe that Curcumin is a true Power food, spice or whatever you want to call it.
Piperine, if i am correct, is that a derivitive of black pepper, it has a lot of benefits to make many medicines, herbs more potent?
I am not a google looker upper guy. i try my best to see if my brain can remember stuff before looking...

I appreciate the article man, i definitely believe that Curcumin is a true Power food, spice or whatever you want to call it.
Piperine, if i am correct, is that a derivitive of black pepper, it has a lot of benefits to make many medicines, herbs more potent?
I am not a google looker upper guy. i try my best to see if my brain can remember stuff before looking...
Hey @ironwill - yes black pepper has piperine and it increases the bioavailability of turmeric by 2000%. Not sure of the degree it increases curcumin but considering curc is part of turmeric, I always take 8 black peppercorns with my curcumin and turmeric.

Autoimmune diseases, cancer, liver protection, BP for some situations, diabetic issues, and so on. Worth reading and educating yourself.
Turmeric's bioavailability is increased by 2000% with piperine, according to data the same can be said for curcumin unless it has been modified for better absorption. Natural factors theracurmin has several studies showing its increased bioavailability but I believe all the studies were completed by the same company so take it with a grain of salt.
GR
works as good as aspirin or a low dose NSAID for me.

So do u guys buy it as pills for supplementing or do u go to a grocery store and buy a pound of it for a dollar and add it to ur food? Im asking cause im wondering if theres a difference besides one being in a pill and the other not, and being pennies on the dollar compared to the other

@Palmer1991 - not sure if you can buy bulk curcumin / you can definitely buy bulk turmeric but there is a difference. Maybe if you go looking for it? @ironwill - mentions above he uses it - do you know if any placed sell bulk curcumin?

What I can tell you is there is a big difference between turmeric and curcumin. You can buy bulk turmeric and use it in foods and even take a tablespoon by itself but be warned the shit stains like a M F'er. It's all opinion based but I wrote a post on supplements on a budget and it included bulk turmeric with black pepper corns.
I cook with turmeric but when taking a supplement for it's medicinal properties I buy curcumin. The bioavailability of turmeric to get the benefits of curcumin by itself is terrible. Not saying it doesn't have health benefits and don't use it but you can increase it by adding in piperine and the easiest source of piperine is black pepper corns or just black pepper.
Read this article - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/turmeric-and-black-pepper.
Multiple articles/studies indicate it increases the bioavailability of curcumin in turmeric by 2000%.

Anyway - there are dozens of good curcumin products but I typically buy Natural Factors Theracurmin (only reason is it is the only one I can find that has any evidence in a study for medicinal properties). Keep in mind I am pretty sure NF's did the study so take the evidence for what it is.

Some people use injectable curcurmin and the only lab I know that makes it is INNO. I am not affiliated in anyway with INNO but if a product works for me, I will share it.

@Palmer1991 - not sure if you can buy bulk curcumin / you can definitely buy bulk turmeric but there is a difference. Maybe if you go looking for it? @ironwill - mentions above he uses it - do you know if any placed sell bulk curcumin?

What I can tell you is there is a big difference between turmeric and curcumin. You can buy bulk turmeric and use it in foods and even take a tablespoon by itself but be warned the shit stains like a M F'er. It's all opinion based but I wrote a post on supplements on a budget and it included bulk turmeric with black pepper corns.
I cook with turmeric but when taking a supplement for it's medicinal properties I buy curcumin. The bioavailability of turmeric to get the benefits of curcumin by itself is terrible. Not saying it doesn't have health benefits and don't use it but you can increase it by adding in piperine and the easiest source of piperine is black pepper corns or just black pepper.
Read this article - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/turmeric-and-black-pepper.
Multiple articles/studies indicate it increases the bioavailability of curcumin in turmeric by 2000%.

Anyway - there are dozens of good curcumin products but I typically buy Natural Factors Theracurmin (only reason is it is the only one I can find that has any evidence in a study for medicinal properties). Keep in mind I am pretty sure NF's did the study so take the evidence for what it is.

Some people use injectable curcurmin and the only lab I know that makes it is INNO. I am not affiliated in anyway with INNO but if a product works for me, I will share it.
Ook, maybe i thought they were the same thing cause i seen them worded beside each other... my bad
Thanks

I have used this pretty extensively because if my history with blood clots in my leg and not taking a blood thinner Rx or anti coagulant. To be honest I didn't notice a difference but doesn't mean there wasn't one.