Curcumin - this is a long read but many of the studies may be related to gear use.

Goldenrod

Trusted Member

Autoimmune diseases, cancer, liver protection, BP for some situations, diabetic issues, and so on. Worth reading and educating yourself.
Turmeric's bioavailability is increased by 2000% with piperine, according to data the same can be said for curcumin unless it has been modified for better absorption. Natural factors theracurmin has several studies showing its increased bioavailability but I believe all the studies were completed by the same company so take it with a grain of salt.
GR

ironwill

Trusted Member
I appreciate the article man, i definitely believe that Curcumin is a true Power food, spice or whatever you want to call it.
Piperine, if i am correct, is that a derivitive of black pepper, it has a lot of benefits to make many medicines, herbs more potent?
I am not a google looker upper guy. i try my best to see if my brain can remember stuff before looking...

Goldenrod

Trusted Member
I appreciate the article man, i definitely believe that Curcumin is a true Power food, spice or whatever you want to call it.
Piperine, if i am correct, is that a derivitive of black pepper, it has a lot of benefits to make many medicines, herbs more potent?
I am not a google looker upper guy. i try my best to see if my brain can remember stuff before looking...
Hey @ironwill - yes black pepper has piperine and it increases the bioavailability of turmeric by 2000%. Not sure of the degree it increases curcumin but considering curc is part of turmeric, I always take 8 black peppercorns with my curcumin and turmeric.