Crazy bad quad pip

Upper/Outer quad... Never a problem. 25G, 1".

But I pinned Mid/Outer quad and hit lots of nerves and little blood vessels.

Very good info. I pinned the right (outer) side of the quad. I think it’s very likely that I did pin the wrong muscle. I definitely can’t bend at the knee without some real serious discomfort.
The rule I use is put the palm of your hand (base of hand) on your hip bone. Stretch fingers straight down. Pin at end of middle finger. That’s the way I was shown and works great for me 98% every time!

IS it getting worse, or better. If getting worse then go get antibiotics for cellulitis.

IS it getting worse, or better. If getting worse then go get antibiotics for cellulitis.

It’s staying about the same. I pinned Sunday night. Last night and this morning was the worst for sure. Seems to be ever so slightly better now than this morning though. Very swollen though.

Okay seriously.
I have literally been pinning Qauds wrong this whole time, according to you guys.... what the hell lol.

I guess I'm the luckiest person alive?
Great learning experience here.
Thanks guys!

Does that mean I have a new injection spot if I pin upper and lower Qaud as well?

I mean, I havnt had any issues yet

Thoughts?

Edit:
@Frank.castle
I'm pinning around 10 inches lower than that spot lol.

Quads are a no no for me these days.

I only inject two spots these days which are the safest from my research. Glutes and lats (with wifes help)

How long is this going to last, I have a hunting trip to go on this week haha

If this was your first time pinning quads ever then oh shit... breaking in my quads took a while, and I vowed never to pin a quad again after the first couple pins but a guy at work convinced me to keep at it, and Im glad he did.

I remember the pain lasted nearly a week, and it was like a really brutal charlie horse. Getting in/out of my car was difficult, and stairs sucked. After the pain went away Id pin it again, and so on, for a month or two before they finally got with the program. Smooth sailing now.

Good luck!

If you need to know the exact upper/outer quad area to pin, just draw an invisible line from the bottom of your nuts to your outer quad and there you are... as long as your nuts don't hang down to your knees ;)

It’s staying about the same. I pinned Sunday night. Last night and this morning was the worst for sure. Seems to be ever so slightly better now than this morning though. Very swollen though.

If it’s worse tommorow morning go. Cellutis if caught early is a joke to treat, wait and you’ll need iv antibiotics and a stay at the hospital.
Is it hot? Check the temp with a thermometer. I have a infra red thermometer that I used and mine was 5-10 f more than the same spot on the other side. Don’t go by feel, it’s misleading. A mouth version pressed into your skin will work enough to show you a difference.

Btw being a dumb ass last week I gave myself cellulitis in my left arm. Pretty easy to do, be a little lax and bam.

Yeah quads have more nerves and all that blah blah blah. But here's the real issue. 90%+ of people who pin quads pin the wrong muscle.
So statistically there is a very good chance you did too. (statistics courtesy of Tricks' Anecdotes).

Most people will end up pinning their rectus femoris (RF), instead of their vastus lateralis (VL). World's most common mistake. The RF is absolutely filled with nevers. I pinned RF for the first 4 weeks straight of starting gear, didn't know better. Every injection hurt, every time walking was inhibited. Leg deg wasn't doable. I accepted this as a "cost of doing gear". Then a paramedic set me straight on anatomy. When you pin your VL, holy crap is it ever pain free and the easiest thing you will ever do. God damn life changing.

Kicker is, the RF is responsible for articulation of the knee. That's where the whole "jesus I can't walk" feeling comes from when you piss off that muscle.

Why is this mistake so common? The RF is large, protruding muscle on your quad. Just looking at your quad you think "yeah that's obviously the spot".

The VL is very lateral (hence the name). Most people don't even understand that muscle is genuinely part of the quad.

Do you know where your IT band is? Your IT band runs across your VL. IT Band is just fascia tissue so it is harmless to pin through it ultimately. I do it often just to move the spot around.
But if you pin close to the intersection between the RF and the VL (formal recommendation is 2 fingers width from the line where your VL And RF meet) then you will definitely not be pinning through your IT.

If you have indeed done it 100% correct, then sorry about your shit luck.
I'm part of team Quads only...

I just looked up on google images the break apart of your quad muscles, and I am 100% certain I pinned it in the vastus lateralis.

I just looked up on google images the break apart of your quad muscles, and I am 100% certain I pinned it in the vastus lateralis.
Easiest way to tell, you can jam your fingers between your VL and your Hamstring. Nice big groove between those 2 muscles. That big muscle you're holding in the palm of your hand now, that's your VL.
Of course this is predicated on you knowing where you hamstring is lmao

The Vastus lateralis. My favorite spot to inject. Such a large area and it’s so easy to access. I haven’t had any issues besides PIP but that depends on the gear.

I'm surprised by some of the answers. I only pin quads nearly everyday and never had a problem. Mostly 2 and 3cc shots.

I can only guess some of you don't know where to inject and are hitting incorrect spots on the quad.