CPAP Machine...anyone using one??

I'll chime in even though I haven't needed a CPAP for 10+ years. Full mask is the better way to go IMO because if you get stuffy you have to breathe thru your mouth anyway. Also make sure it has a humidifier.

I found it helped a lot but if I woke up a bit at 4/5 in the morning I'd have to take the mask off otherwise I couldn't doze back off
As a registered Nurse with OSA I 100% agree with this. Many people want to go with the nose only option because it’s much smaller and often easier at first to sleep with. That being said, the majority of us with OSA are mouth breathers and/or alternate between nose and mouth. The CPAP changed my life, I can’t imagine sleeping without it now. You’ll get used to wearing it quickly, after a while it’ll become just a part of your routine. The most important thing is to ensure you are cleaning it regularly and properly, bacteria loves the moist environment it creates. Other than regular cleaning it’s the best/easiest thing I added to my sleep routine. You will feel like a whole new person in the morning!

Just an update...
Loving it.
Absolutely loving it.
It's like the cadillac for sleeping.
I still wake up anywhere between 2-3 am for a bit but that seems to be more of an adrenal thing because of too much caffeine during the day.
And well, that's it!
Takes a bit of getting used to until you can just stop thinking about it...not thats its uncomfortable or anything but you do have this machine blowing air into you, lol
Glad I pulled the trigger on this thing.
Nose is liiiittle sensitive in the morning still as I'm getting used to it but so far I know it couldn't get any better (for me) with these gel nasal pillows.
If you're thinking about getting one feel free to ask me any questions.
Peeeeace.

Edit: Definitely get the humidifier attachment...just makes it that much more Gucci.

Just an update...
Loving it.
Absolutely loving it.
It's like the cadillac for sleeping.
I still wake up anywhere between 2-3 am for a bit but that seems to be more of an adrenal thing because of too much caffeine during the day.
And well, that's it!
Takes a bit of getting used to until you can just stop thinking about it...not thats its uncomfortable or anything but you do have this machine blowing air into you, lol
Glad I pulled the trigger on this thing.
Nose is liiiittle sensitive in the morning still as I'm getting used to it but so far I know it couldn't get any better (for me) with these gel nasal pillows.
If you're thinking about getting one feel free to ask me any questions.
Peeeeace.

Edit: Definitely get the humidifier attachment...just makes it that much more Gucci.
What happens after the 30 day auto adjust period ends on your machine?

What happens after the 30 day auto adjust period ends on your machine?
Uhhhh....lol
No idea Sorbate.
Never came across that particular term or setting in my manual.
Just to be clear I chose to buy and use a cpap without any doctors oversight.
Im just guessing a 30 day adjustment period might be something a doctor would have applied for monitoring progress?
Otherwise sorry Sorbs...that question is above my pay grade.

Uhhhh....lol
No idea Sorbate.
Never came across that particular term or setting in my manual.
Just to be clear I chose to buy and use a cpap without any doctors oversight.
Im just guessing a 30 day adjustment period might be something a doctor would have applied for monitoring progress?
Otherwise sorry Sorbs...that question is above my pay grade.

The only advantage of using a respiratory therapist to help you get dialled in is that the machine can auto adjust the positive pressure which is what you experience when you inhale but you have to manually adjust the negative pressure which is what you experience when you exhale. They offer great support and experience doing those adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and I am now sleeping for the first time in ages. I don't wake up as much and when I sleep 6 hours I am rested. I don't snore and am very thankful to find out I had severe sleep apnea.
If you have that issue, the machine can contribute to a much healthier you.