Covid 19 Government support

Can someone put in little terms what this recent email about cerb was about?

I can post the email if you need me to.. Both my sister and I got it. I received a unemployment payment which was, half of what i was getting before. Which, is fine. But, now I am under the impression that, they're cutting that off to pay cerb back?

Which. I knew would happen but, how is this helping some families that, are in the same position as my sister and I but, have bigger families, higher rent and other bills? They're screwed if they didn't save their initial payment.

The only money that had to be repaid were the people that received a double CERB payment. As far as getting switched over to EI I have no clue what's up with that considering they extended CERB.

All kinds of weird things going on tho. I was on EI till the end of May and I just suddenly got cut off with no real explanation so I just reapplied and they put me on CERB which I kind of feel that was the point of the exercise.

The only money that had to be repaid were the people that received a double CERB payment. As far as getting switched over to EI I have no clue what's up with that considering they extended CERB.

All kinds of weird things going on tho. I was on EI till the end of May and I just suddenly got cut off with no real explanation so I just reapplied and they put me on CERB which I kind of feel that was the point of the exercise.
So when everything went down. I applied for both. Same with my little sister.

So. We both got 1 payment from CERB. And then our EI kicked in like like week 4. Both payments came in about the same time but neither of us continued with cerb.

Since we both work in tourisim.. we shouldve both applied for CERB?

Probably call monday. This is beyond confusing.

Ontario> There is a $100 a month bonus but only tied to people collecting disability with ODSP income support. Not much but for the folks able to collect those, I imagine $100 could be damn handy.

Don't know why they'd send me information because I so do not qualify for disability or ODSP. Another government screwup and dropping hundy's in people's hands who don't need it?

I knew I wasn't getting taxed properly.

I put away all of the CERB I received. And I am not expecting a return back in 2021.

I know my EI was over paid. Since it's like 50% of your earnings. Still confused on what is going on. If you're going to shut the entire country down then??? What? I gotta suck dicks to get by?

I'm tempted to do a little social experimenting with my resume as I've been handing it out... I think the next few I put a different ethnic name. My first name screams white.

I was told put 600 away each 2000 dollor check by the gov lady on phone. There raping us on that its less tax on ei thats why there forcing this on people over ei
The covid thing is very unfortunate to say the least....... but in the end when all the dust settles the taxpayers are gonna take it dry

I was told put 600 away each 2000 dollor check by the gov lady on phone. There raping us on that its less tax on ei thats why there forcing this on people over ei
Jesus Christ, seriously? See, I don't get tax on EI and CERB. What is the damn POINT of using a very needed resource to survive on, only to get screwed at the end of the tax year? I know income is income but it's always seemed like kicking people who are already one more time.

My thoughts go out to those waiting hours and days just to get through to EI. The world has gone crazy.

Jesus Christ, seriously? See, I don't get tax on EI and CERB. What is the damn POINT of using a very needed resource to survive on, only to get screwed at the end of the tax year? I know income is income but it's always seemed like kicking people who are already one more time.

My thoughts go out to those waiting hours and days just to get through to EI. The world has gone crazy.
Yes its true, sucks too. Apparently starting tommorow masks are required in all airports at all times security just told me, so heads up

It's nice to see that your beloved government is going to fuck you in the ass in the end, I'm glad you have to pay tax on your pathetic support cheque, now get on your knees for my people

It's nice to see that your beloved government is going to fuck you in the ass in the end, I'm glad you have to pay tax on your pathetic support cheque, now get on your knees for my people
isn't that the purpose of the govt. to fuk us up the ass?

everyone knows EI doesn't get taxed. I don't even see how they tax a petty 500 dollars anyway? but, sure, let me put 30% of that away so i can give it BACK

everyone knows EI doesn't get taxed. I don't even see how they tax a petty 500 dollars anyway? but, sure, let me put 30% of that away so i can give it BACK

That amount of money is unsupportable unless you're living in your cousin's basement. :/

for the record I was directing that toward tommy dick tree there. No disrespect meant towards you my dear. It is a god shame that govt does this yes.

for the record I was directing that toward tommy dick tree there. No disrespect meant towards you my dear. It is a god shame that govt does this yes.
I work seasonal so. Unemployment is normal in my world. But, not having to work weekends is what's fuking me

What's even more fuked is that I've been looking for work. Part time and no call backs. I've mentioned to a few friends, I am about to put a different kind of name on my resume because, my name is far too white.

And now schools announced 15 students per class. And from my understanding, half in school, half online at home. Please tell me how a single parent is to do this? Am I better off sending him back to the states so he can purse a education? I'd like to work. My son doesn't see me as a teacher figure so, please tell me. How to teach him? Will I get paid for the time I spend teaching? Or now is education free? How about the actual teacher? I mean, surely they are happy, smaller class rooms but... Is that what they really wanted? To teach from home? Bloody hell. Fuk globalism.

I work seasonal so. Unemployment is normal in my world. But, not having to work weekends is what's fuking me

What's even more fuked is that I've been looking for work. Part time and no call backs. I've mentioned to a few friends, I am about to put a different kind of name on my resume because, my name is far too white.

And now schools announced 15 students per class. And from my understanding, half in school, half online at home. Please tell me how a single parent is to do this? Am I better off sending him back to the states so he can purse a education? I'd like to work. My son doesn't see me as a teacher figure so, please tell me. How to teach him? Will I get paid for the time I spend teaching? Or now is education free? How about the actual teacher? I mean, surely they are happy, smaller class rooms but... Is that what they really wanted? To teach from home? Bloody hell. Fuk globalism.
I would bet it has nothing to do with your name. I may be because of your previous work. I am avoiding hiring people that I believe that will go back to the previous job once everything opens back up. The time and effort it takes to train I try to hire someone I hope would stay.

I would bet it has nothing to do with your name. I may be because of your previous work. I am avoiding hiring people that I believe that will go back to the previous job once everything opens back up. The time and effort it takes to train I try to hire someone I hope would stay.
Which is understandable.

But if you're going to hire me. Take the time to trian me. Pay me. Treat me properly. I'll stay.

Which is understandable.

But if you're going to hire me. Take the time to trian me. Pay me. Treat me properly. I'll stay.
Not if your normal job choice is one where you make a fair bit more money. Not every business can afford to pay every wage.
Like I had an engineer apply because his shop had laid off, you think for $35,000 he will stay when he was likely making 60+?