Coleman and Rogan ! Oh yeah!

Should be good, no time for it today but looking forward to it

I think this is the universe smiling at me, I finally got around to watching his documentary on Monday, was watching some old Mr.O's on youtube last night....now this today.

Wasn't the biggest fan of his physique aside from early Ronnie, but who doesn't love this guy?!?! Yeahhhh budddy!!

Cool gondar1, thanks for posting, I will be watching this. I like RC attitude and his thoughts....

I enjoyed it but ol Ronnie looks pretty rough. The physical part is obvious but mentally the way he was acting was concerning. He looked half asleep, seemed to have trouble following what Joe was saying, sometimes he didn't answer the question he was asked and other times he contradicted himself. On a few points regarding bodyfat , his surgeries and injuries he didn't seem to have a good grip on the facts. He has always been a bit of a goofball but this seemed different.

I have spoken with some pro's or seen interviews with them and been pretty shocked at how clueless some of them are. That might sound like an insult but it's not. I'm guessing that, as Ronnie says in this show, genetics are such a big factor that some of these guys don't need to be really intellectual to succeed. They go train hard and leave the details of training protocols, diet and drugs to others. The simply don't need to concern themselves with the details to be great although they might be even better if they did. Frank Zane might be a good example of the flip side of this, I feel like from all I've heard about him he wouldn't have gotten very far if he wasn't a completely anal scientist about everything.

I suspect Ronnie's problem might have a lot to do with the heavy opiate regime he is on, I hope he manages that well and I wish him all the best.

I enjoyed it but ol Ronnie looks pretty rough. The physical part is obvious but mentally the way he was acting was concerning. He looked half asleep, seemed to have trouble following what Joe was saying, sometimes he didn't answer the question he was asked and other times he contradicted himself. On a few points regarding bodyfat , his surgeries and injuries he didn't seem to have a good grip on the facts. He has always been a bit of a goofball but this seemed different.

I have spoken with some pro's or seen interviews with them and been pretty shocked at how clueless some of them are. That might sound like an insult but it's not. I'm guessing that, as Ronnie says in this show, genetics are such a big factor that some of these guys don't need to be really intellectual to succeed. They go train hard and leave the details of training protocols, diet and drugs to others. The simply don't need to concern themselves with the details to be great although they might be even better if they did. Frank Zane might be a good example of the flip side of this, I feel like from all I've heard about him he wouldn't have gotten very far if he wasn't a completely anal scientist about everything.

I suspect Ronnie's problem might have a lot to do with the heavy opiate regime he is on, I hope he manages that well and I wish him all the best.
That is too bad man. I like his innocent attitude and sayings etc. I hope he gets better.
You bet Frank Zane and Mike Mentzer, 2 bright fellows from our sport...Watching this evening.

I watched a documentary on Coleman just before he had his last hip surgery, he seemed to be very lucid during the interviews. He was chewing down the perc's like they were candy though. And I agree with Ronnie about the Genetic's in BodyBuilding ... you either respond very well to gear and you blow up like a big son of a bitch when you train hard, or you don't. I thought Ronnie had the most massively ripped and balanced body of muscle I have ever seen, Sergio Olivia would be my second choice behind him. Frank Zane was very knowledgeable as he received a B Sc. as well as a degree in Psychology... had a very symmetrical body with enuff muscle to win MR Olympia 3 times ( I did not agree with his wins as he did not carry that much muscle although he was very defined). You never new who was going to become Mr. Olympia but I am quite sure Joe and Ben Weider had a lot to say about it. Money, politics and promotion for them was what it was all about.

I really liked Ronnie style of lifting heavy throughout his career but he paid a big price. He always seems to have a very positive attitude even with all the physical problems he has had. i wish him all the best as well ... he had a very positive influence on bodybuilding.

I watched a documentary on Coleman just before he had his last hip surgery, he seemed to be very lucid during the interviews. He was chewing down the perc's like they were candy though. And I agree with Ronnie about the Genetic's in BodyBuilding ... you either respond very well to gear and you blow up like a big son of a bitch when you train hard, or you don't. I thought Ronnie had the most massively ripped and balanced body of muscle I have ever seen, Sergio Olivia would be my second choice behind him. Frank Zane was very knowledgeable as he received a B Sc. as well as a degree in Psychology... had a very symmetrical body with enuff muscle to win MR Olympia 3 times ( I did not agree with his wins as he did not carry that much muscle although he was very defined). You never new who was going to become Mr. Olympia but I am quite sure Joe and Ben Weider had a lot to say about it. Money, politics and promotion for them was what it was all about.

I really liked Ronnie style of lifting heavy throughout his career but he paid a big price. He always seems to have a very positive attitude even with all the physical problems he has had. i wish him all the best as well ... he had a very positive influence on bodybuilding.
Ronnie is one hell of a nice dude. Gentle Giant like Andre the Giant was. God, I saw somewhere that said he ate 2 1/2 KILOGRAMS of chicken every single day. That's 5 1/2 pounds of chicken every day. He must have had a toilet with a gigantic bowl/sewer top to keep it from clogging lol. (YEAAAHHH BUDDDDYYY *splash splash* YEAHHH *splash* BUDDYYY! *splash* fluuuuuushhhhhhhhhhhh)
He helped a TON of people. I met him(well saw and watch him) in Las Vegas in total fan mode after he had just won his last Olympia in 2005(beating Jay Cutler AGAIN...god Cutler must have had one hell of a lot of suffering while Ronnie was at his best for 6 or 7 straight years). We were just walking around all the supplement and video convention that the Las Vegas convention center had before during and after the competition. I was waiting for a friend to finish a presentation from a supplement company and looked over just in time to see Ronnie and his entourage walking right past us with a mob of people with them. Just smiling a legitimate smile and walking right down the middle of the convention.

He paused to sign shirts and chicks boobs and about anything anyone would put in front of him to sign and all I could think was, "Jesus Christ, under that short-sleeved t-shirt that looked to be about a fitted XXXXXXXL, was a mountain. It's not what really struck me though. He looked to be enjoying what was going on but as a spectator not like he was the best thing ever and everyone else was just a bug . He wasn't looking like he had just won his 8th straight Mr. Olympia. He looked like a dude who was just hanging out and signing stuff. I got close enough to hear some of the STUPID shit people asked him so I got to watch him patiently answer questions. Some intelligent but a ton of subjective questions that were just idiot like. "Ronnie, if I worked out hard for three years, could I win a Mr. Olympia?". Crap like that. He'd reply though..."Work, diet and time man. Work, diet and time." He knew the guy would probably leave the convention and stop right at the McDonalds drive through first before heading home to the couch but he still took the time to answer him nicely.

Real guy. Pretty sad what's happened to him now, health-wise. It makes you wonder how much actual right down to the gene level damage you can do if you really push your gear. Like permanent things that make it impossible to miss the rebound of sides once you get to a certain age and your body slows and stops making certain hormones and so on. I saw a show where he was still big but working his policing job. Eating a bunch of meals in his official police SUV and just answering questions/hanging out like he always had. Calm, relaxed and a nice guy. LOL could you imagine a three hundred and thirty-pound bodybuilder showing up to your domestic dispute where you obviously had just beaten the crap out of your wife? Talk about instantly and fully emptying your bladder and colon into your boxers before Ronnie's nice face turned into Ronnie's rage face. Just as he saw you realize just how much trouble you were in he'd say a dark version of, "Yeah, Buddy. Oh yeah, Buddy. You know we gonna take some backroads to get to the jail, right Buddy? You KNOW we will."

Hope he finds something to turn his health around. An arm wrestler Denis Cyplenkov overcooked his gear a year and a half ago and I'm not sure if he's gonna be back. An emergency run to the hospital as his liver and kidneys were shutting down. Man, I watched a video of him after it all and he walked and moved so slow...just trying to exist. Worst of all was the Russian information machine talking about him coming back to their "Top 8" tournament any day now and I'm looking at a man who's wondering if he's going to wake up tomorrow morning.

Reactions: PGM
Ronnie is one hell of a nice dude. Gentle Giant like Andre the Giant was. God, I saw somewhere that said he ate 2 1/2 KILOGRAMS of chicken every single day. That's 5 1/2 pounds of chicken every day. He must have had a toilet with a gigantic bowl/sewer top to keep it from clogging lol. (YEAAAHHH BUDDDDYYY *splash splash* YEAHHH *splash* BUDDYYY! *splash* fluuuuuushhhhhhhhhhhh)
He helped a TON of people. I met him(well saw and watch him) in Las Vegas in total fan mode after he had just won his last Olympia in 2005(beating Jay Cutler AGAIN...god Cutler must have had one hell of a lot of suffering while Ronnie was at his best for 6 or 7 straight years). We were just walking around all the supplement and video convention that the Las Vegas convention center had before during and after the competition. I was waiting for a friend to finish a presentation from a supplement company and looked over just in time to see Ronnie and his entourage walking right past us with a mob of people with them. Just smiling a legitimate smile and walking right down the middle of the convention.

He paused to sign shirts and chicks boobs and about anything anyone would put in front of him to sign and all I could think was, "Jesus Christ, under that short-sleeved t-shirt that looked to be about a fitted XXXXXXXL, was a mountain. It's not what really struck me though. He looked to be enjoying what was going on but as a spectator not like he was the best thing ever and everyone else was just a bug . He wasn't looking like he had just won his 8th straight Mr. Olympia. He looked like a dude who was just hanging out and signing stuff. I got close enough to hear some of the STUPID shit people asked him so I got to watch him patiently answer questions. Some intelligent but a ton of subjective questions that were just idiot like. "Ronnie, if I worked out hard for three years, could I win a Mr. Olympia?". Crap like that. He'd reply though..."Work, diet and time man. Work, diet and time." He knew the guy would probably leave the convention and stop right at the McDonalds drive through first before heading home to the couch but he still took the time to answer him nicely.

Real guy. Pretty sad what's happened to him now, health-wise. It makes you wonder how much actual right down to the gene level damage you can do if you really push your gear. Like permanent things that make it impossible to miss the rebound of sides once you get to a certain age and your body slows and stops making certain hormones and so on. I saw a show where he was still big but working his policing job. Eating a bunch of meals in his official police SUV and just answering questions/hanging out like he always had. Calm, relaxed and a nice guy. LOL could you imagine a three hundred and thirty-pound bodybuilder showing up to your domestic dispute where you obviously had just beaten the crap out of your wife? Talk about instantly and fully emptying your bladder and colon into your boxers before Ronnie's nice face turned into Ronnie's rage face. Just as he saw you realize just how much trouble you were in he'd say a dark version of, "Yeah, Buddy. Oh yeah, Buddy. You know we gonna take some backroads to get to the jail, right Buddy? You KNOW we will."

Hope he finds something to turn his health around. An arm wrestler Denis Cyplenkov overcooked his gear a year and a half ago and I'm not sure if he's gonna be back. An emergency run to the hospital as his liver and kidneys were shutting down. Man, I watched a video of him after it all and he walked and moved so slow...just trying to exist. Worst of all was the Russian information machine talking about him coming back to their "Top 8" tournament any day now and I'm looking at a man who's wondering if he's going to wake up tomorrow morning.
Your right Ronnie always had that laid back gentle friendly attitude. That is what I liked about him the most. I saw a video on a pre contest MR Olympia meeting and all the guys were complaining about something I can't remember what and Branch Warren was all angry, the camera swung to Ronnie, he was sitting back in his chair smiling not saying a thing ... I think he got the nice and happy gene for some reason. But damn there has never been anyone who has been as huge, ripped on stage and strong as Ronnie. And he had none of this I am god attitude, it was like he was there to please and help everyone. He will always be one of favorites. Dorian Yates was pretty cool as well. He was very old school kept to himself and did not let anyone lead him around by the chain, lifted heavy as well. I could go on and on.

I watched it a few weeks ago. Ive watched Ronnie for years. I had all his training videos from years ago. No clue where they went lol. Something new I did learn though is the extent of his disk issues and surgeries. I knew I was bad but wow, what a mess he is. Id say I feel bad but, you listen to the guy talk and he's no different than he ever was. Great attitude, positive and greatful still. Theres nothing to feel bad for. He's still pissed he didnt do that 800 squat for more reps hahaha.