Coleman and Rogan ! Oh yeah!

therealj

Trusted Member
Should be good, no time for it today but looking forward to it

I think this is the universe smiling at me, I finally got around to watching his documentary on Monday, was watching some old Mr.O's on youtube last night....now this today.

Wasn't the biggest fan of his physique aside from early Ronnie, but who doesn't love this guy?!?! Yeahhhh budddy!!

ironwill

Trusted Member
Cool gondar1, thanks for posting, I will be watching this. I like RC attitude and his thoughts....

gondar1

I'm kind of a big deal in Japan
Trusted Member
I enjoyed it but ol Ronnie looks pretty rough. The physical part is obvious but mentally the way he was acting was concerning. He looked half asleep, seemed to have trouble following what Joe was saying, sometimes he didn't answer the question he was asked and other times he contradicted himself. On a few points regarding bodyfat , his surgeries and injuries he didn't seem to have a good grip on the facts. He has always been a bit of a goofball but this seemed different.

I have spoken with some pro's or seen interviews with them and been pretty shocked at how clueless some of them are. That might sound like an insult but it's not. I'm guessing that, as Ronnie says in this show, genetics are such a big factor that some of these guys don't need to be really intellectual to succeed. They go train hard and leave the details of training protocols, diet and drugs to others. The simply don't need to concern themselves with the details to be great although they might be even better if they did. Frank Zane might be a good example of the flip side of this, I feel like from all I've heard about him he wouldn't have gotten very far if he wasn't a completely anal scientist about everything.

I suspect Ronnie's problem might have a lot to do with the heavy opiate regime he is on, I hope he manages that well and I wish him all the best.

ironwill

Trusted Member
I enjoyed it but ol Ronnie looks pretty rough. The physical part is obvious but mentally the way he was acting was concerning. He looked half asleep, seemed to have trouble following what Joe was saying, sometimes he didn't answer the question he was asked and other times he contradicted himself. On a few points regarding bodyfat , his surgeries and injuries he didn't seem to have a good grip on the facts. He has always been a bit of a goofball but this seemed different.

I have spoken with some pro's or seen interviews with them and been pretty shocked at how clueless some of them are. That might sound like an insult but it's not. I'm guessing that, as Ronnie says in this show, genetics are such a big factor that some of these guys don't need to be really intellectual to succeed. They go train hard and leave the details of training protocols, diet and drugs to others. The simply don't need to concern themselves with the details to be great although they might be even better if they did. Frank Zane might be a good example of the flip side of this, I feel like from all I've heard about him he wouldn't have gotten very far if he wasn't a completely anal scientist about everything.

I suspect Ronnie's problem might have a lot to do with the heavy opiate regime he is on, I hope he manages that well and I wish him all the best.
That is too bad man. I like his innocent attitude and sayings etc. I hope he gets better.
You bet Frank Zane and Mike Mentzer, 2 bright fellows from our sport...Watching this evening.