Canadian Brawn Roll Call

Man cats everywhere!!!! Our cat got out in the spring by accident. She was supposed to be an indoor cat only and hadnt gotten around to getting her fixed yet... long story short now I have 4 cats and a dog and a gf that refuses to let me give a couple away.

Other then that things are smooth sailing. Quitting smoking for the 1000th time. Quit for 4 months from january to April of this year and I started again. The struggle is real. But this time it's for good. I breath enough dirt and dust and crap at work underground I need to quit this awful habbit.

Man cats everywhere!!!! Our cat got out in the spring by accident. She was supposed to be an indoor cat only and hadnt gotten around to getting her fixed yet... long story short now I have 4 cats and a dog and a gf that refuses to let me give a couple away.

Other then that things are smooth sailing. Quitting smoking for the 1000th time. Quit for 4 months from january to April of this year and I started again. The struggle is real. But this time it's for good. I breath enough dirt and dust and crap at work underground I need to quit this awful habbit.
It’s my fault LOL It ended up from “Canadian Brown Roll Call” to “Cat Forum” I just never owned cat before so I was hoping to get advice on here.

It’s my fault LOL It ended up from “Canadian Brown Roll Call” to “Cat Forum” I just never owned cat before so I was hoping to get advice on here.

It's all good beautiful. Cats are part of my life now lol. Post away

Been away at camp working for 23 days now and I get to fly home tonight, get to see my dogs and girlfriend again and I am beyond happy/ excited! Have some real meals and one last hike in before it gets as cold as its been up here. 🎉🥰☺️🎉 what a long few weeks this has felt like.

Mentally Im not ok right now. A week ago my pug had an ear infection so I took her in and the vet gave us this medication which seem to work, but little did I know how serious some of the side effects could be.

She is now partially deaf, she will barely respond to me. She can still hear, but it seems a struggle for her to understand me. wtf. It seems issues with this medication and it causing dogs to loose hearing date back as far as 2010. But yet this fucking product is still on the market. At this point there is no much we can do. I can try flushing her ears and hope that it reverses over time which Merck seems to say about %80 of animals will regain hearing, which I call bullshit. Considering there is more negative reports then good. I have not seen one report of a dog regaining there hearing.

At this point im fucking fed up with everything. The slightest thing and im probably gonna loose my shit. All I can do is look at my pug and ball my eyes out, like wtf did I do to her. But what choice did I have. Her ears where developing an infection, so it had to be treated. Unfortunately being a pug and 9yr,s old she is more prone to ear problems then most other animals.

Might be a good time to come off cycle, cause im about to mentally break down. I might have to take her to the vet again idk, there isnt much they can do anyways. And the fact funds are extremly low makes it even harder on what to do right now. I dont wanna ask anyone for help because its not there issue, and its not like vets care to help anyone during this hard time.

But beware of this product: Mometamax, this shit should not be on the market, there needs to be a class action lawsuit against merck, but really who has the money to even file a case agains them. Just do a quick search, it seems this crap has done more harm then good. One thing ive learnt, make sure im aware of any medication I give her from now on. I was just so stressed out and rushed to the vet before the infection got worse I did not even bother to look into what I was giving her.

69412696_464447287744145_6257518396787654656_n.jpg

Mentally Im not ok right now. A week ago my pug had an ear infection so I took her in and the vet gave us this medication which seem to work, but little did I know how serious some of the side effects could be.

She is now partially deaf, she will barely respond to me. She can still hear, but it seems a struggle for her to understand me. wtf. It seems issues with this medication and it causing dogs to loose hearing date back as far as 2010. But yet this fucking product is still on the market. At this point there is no much we can do. I can try flushing her ears and hope that it reverses over time which Merck seems to say about %80 of animals will regain hearing, which I call bullshit. Considering there is more negative reports then good. I have not seen one report of a dog regaining there hearing.

At this point im fucking fed up with everything. The slightest thing and im probably gonna loose my shit. All I can do is look at my pug and ball my eyes out, like wtf did I do to her. But what choice did I have. Her ears where developing an infection, so it had to be treated. Unfortunately being a pug and 9yr,s old she is more prone to ear problems then most other animals.

Might be a good time to come off cycle, cause im about to mentally break down. I might have to take her to the vet again idk, there isnt much they can do anyways. And the fact funds are extremly low makes it even harder on what to do right now. I dont wanna ask anyone for help because its not there issue, and its not like vets care to help anyone during this hard time.

But beware of this product: Mometamax, this shit should not be on the market, there needs to be a class action lawsuit against merck, but really who has the money to even file a case agains them. Just do a quick search, it seems this crap has done more harm then good. One thing ive learnt, make sure im aware of any medication I give her from now on. I was just so stressed out and rushed to the vet before the infection got worse I did not even bother to look into what I was giving her.

View attachment 6767
Can dogs take Prednisone? I lost my hearing in one ear, took prednisone for a month and got a little back. No a lot but enough that It helps & better then it was when I lost it all.
Sorry for your troubles mate, dogs pull so heavy on our heart strings. 🙏

View attachment 6767

very sorry for your poor dog and for you

Can dogs take Prednisone? I lost my hearing in one ear, took prednisone for a month and got a little back. No a lot but enough that It helps & better then it was when I lost it all.
Sorry for your troubles mate, dogs pull so heavy on our heart strings. 🙏
Ya man I been balling my eyes out all night just looking at her. But yes I have heard they can take it with some success. I sent an email to the vet, she is a great lady, but they should be making sure people understand the side effects. She has not lost her hearing completely, but she wont respond to certain things that she normally would.. Like hey you want a treat, or wanna go for a walk. She would always jump around and get excited.

First thing I gotta do is flush her ears good, then will see what the vet says about another treatment, im sure they are aware of this issue and must have some sort of plan to treat it. But now the costs are going to add up which is hard to afford.

Ya man I been balling my eyes out all night just looking at her. But yes I have heard they can take it with some success. I sent an email to the vet, she is a great lady, but they should be making sure people understand the side effects. She has not lost her hearing completely, but she wont respond to certain things that she normally would.. Like hey you want a treat, or wanna go for a walk. She would always jump around and get excited.

First thing I gotta do is flush her ears good, then will see what the vet says about another treatment, im sure they are aware of this issue and must have some sort of plan to treat it. But now the costs are going to add up which is hard to afford.
I’m so sorry to hear about your baby I can honestly understand where you’re coming from. One of my babies lost vision in both her eyes I spend 3,000 trying to help her she would not eat so I had to syringe feed her for 2 years I held her so much with tears in my eyes praying & hoping she would be ok. I felt same way you do please hang in there it will get better dogs learn how to pick up things with other sensors jest think she is your baby no matter what.
1603808699891.jpeg

By the way she is doing amazing now she runs around with a lot of energy being very happy back to normal self without even knowing that she has lost her eye she did get her one eye come back thank God. I’m just using my dog as an example that your dog will be OK 😃 just give her lots of lots of love 💕

That sucks knight. But hope at least the infection is gone and that shes not in pain. Just think that it could be worst. My last dog I spend close to 4 grand trying to deal with his painfull ears and a long time and they couldn't treat it for whatever dumb reason. Then the ex and I split. She kept the dog and ended up putting him down because she figured we spent enough money trying. I was so mad. I really was the best smartest and friendliest dog I ever owned. My heart goes out to you. But it could be worst maybe get a second opinion if it's an option.

That sucks knight. But hope at least the infection is gone and that shes not in pain. Just think that it could be worst. My last dog I spend close to 4 grand trying to deal with his painfull ears and a long time and they couldn't treat it for whatever dumb reason. Then the ex and I split. She kept the dog and ended up putting him down because she figured we spent enough money trying. I was so mad. I really was the best smartest and friendliest dog I ever owned. My heart goes out to you. But it could be worst maybe get a second opinion if it's an option.
Thanks man, ya she is generally a pretty healthy dog. Luckly I caught the infection pretty early. Her ears do seem a bit better, but what caused it I have no idea. She was having a reaction on her skin too, as it got really red and itchy. That could be caused by a number of things. And pugs are prone to food Allergies too, but even the vet says my pug does not have a history of allergies or infections. So its one thing that is good about this place, they dont do anything that is unnecessary. Like ya im sure they know this medication can cause hearing loss, but im sure to them the things it helps cure out weighs the negative.

My pug is still in good spirits it seems, she does seem a bit down. But im not putting her through a bunch of tests when the reality is there isnt much we can do. I can try to flush her ears out and see how that will help, but even on the paper that Merck puts in the box, they say about %80 of animals will gain hearing back, but some older dogs might not gain the hearing back. My pug is 9 yrs old now, so lets see. Im hoping for the best.

Pugs are prone to hearing issues anyways. So she would of lost some hearing at some point. I guess that time may have come and I just gotta learn to adapt. But its just hard because now I gotta learn or teach her new things.

I just want to warn everyone also about this medication if anyone ever has to take there dog to the vet. Refuse this medication, ask for another option.

Will see how the next little bit goes, but with how I feel right now mentally I gotta consider coming off cycle, as I also just started tren. I have complex ptsd also, so when stuff like this happens, it affects me really hard.

Sounds like you know yourself. So yeah maybe a good time to just postpone your cycle. We are all here for you anytime you need to vent. Just try and look on the positive side of things.

Sounds like you know yourself. So yeah maybe a good time to just postpone your cycle. We are all here for you anytime you need to vent. Just try and look on the positive side of things.

Thats true, I spoke to Boss in PM. And like he says, I might just have to learn to adapt if her hearing does not come back %100. Ya its stressfull right now, but I cannot neglect her right now or be mad. Tho Im more mad at myself, but what else was I to do. Went to a clinic by my house and got this to flush her ears out. That is one of the first steps. I also have to accept and I know these things can happen to pugs in older age. Animals can adapt very easy, she might be a little depressed for a bit, but she will over come it.

71-1hIG6q1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thats true, I spoke to Boss in PM. And like he says, I might just have to learn to adapt if her hearing does not come back %100. Ya its stressfull right now, but I cannot neglect her right now or be mad. Tho Im more mad at myself, but what else was I to do. Went to a clinic by my house and got this to flush her ears out. That is one of the first steps. I also have to accept and I know these things can happen to pugs in older age. Animals can adapt very easy, she might be a little depressed for a bit, but she will over come it.

View attachment 6775
That’s what I had to do adapt and still love her unconditionally don’t give up on helping her & have faith it could always come back or she can get used to it and live a normal happy life, she will adapt as well by picking up other senses that’s what my baby did animals are really good at it way better then humans.

That’s what I had to do adapt and still love her unconditionally don’t give up on helping her & have faith it could always come back or she can get used to it and live a normal happy life, she will adapt as well by picking up other senses that’s what my baby did animals are really good at it way better then humans.
Ya thats true, well one thing I notice today is. If she is on my lap she can hear me some what ok. Like if I ask her "Do you wanna go see your friends" She does the typical pug head tilt, so that means she can hear what I said and is responding.

But if she is on the bed and im across the room she cannot hear me if I call her or say things that she typically responds too, so I guess the hearing loss isnt that bad, but its just partial at this point. Just gotta pray now it improves, which im hoping it may since it does not seem that horrible.

Oh one thing im noticing Annika, is low pitched sounds like my voice its harder for her to hear since I have a deep voice. She seems to respond to higher pitch sounds now. I wonder if there is a medical term and how the ear functions to different pitches.

It kind of reminds me when I dj, and I have my ear plugs in to protect ears. But for me its the opposite, mine filter out the nasty high end that damage the ears, where as I get alot of low end.

Also you know how sometimes we get an ear drop from the dr, and afterwards it takes a while to hear properly again. There is a very possibilities her ears just could be blocked from the drops and just needs time to clear out, who knows. I gotta try and be positive and think positive about this, being negative is not going to make the situation any better.

Ya thats true, well one thing I notice today is. If she is on my lap she can hear me some what ok. Like if I ask her "Do you wanna go see your friends" She does the typical pug head tilt, so that means she can hear what I said and is responding.

But if she is on the bed and im across the room she cannot hear me if I call her or say things that she typically responds too, so I guess the hearing loss isnt that bad, but its just partial at this point. Just gotta pray now it improves, which im hoping it may since it does not seem that horrible.
It will take time for her to pick up other senses nothing to worry about & if you flush her ears with the formula it myth help. With my baby they said that she would not see from both of her eyes ever again after her injury from special need child throwing steak off dinner table after asked not to do so multiple times & the results of my baby getting attacked by bigger dog. I love my babe and I kept pushing for her even when she was giving up her self and stopped eating I syringe fed her & I definitely did not give up no matter how hard it got and no matter what doctors said. Her vision did come back in one eye which was a blessing since the doctor’s said she’ll never see again, the other one had to be removed two years after fighting the infection so my point is keep on fighting for her keep on loving her no matter what doctors say she could always get her hearing back or if not she would learn other ways to respond to you because she would know that you are loyal to her as she is to you animals are smarter than people give a credit to.

Last edited: