Bumper plates vs Rubber plates vs iron plates (home gym)

I have all old school irons in my collection and love em. I would however like some bumper plates for the end of the bar so it wasn’t so noisy when I slam it lol.

Regards
SonOfOdin

I have all old school irons in my collection and love em. I would however like some bumper plates for the end of the bar so it wasn’t so noisy when I slam it lol.

Regards
SonOfOdin
That’s genius, if you load one bumper plate with the rest rubber/iron, is there any negatives versus having all bumpers?

I like steel with rubber mats. Plus they are cheaper.
Yea bumper plates cost an arm and leg but they’re the only thing in stock right now near me, got 6 of them to hold me down until the other plates arrive

I’ve got all bumper plates. Had the regular iron but upgraded.

Get horse stable mats. They are heavy as hell but are great gym mats and deaden whatever you drop on them.

I’ve got all bumper plates. Had the regular iron but upgraded.

Get horse stable mats. They are heavy as hell but are great gym mats and deaden whatever you drop on them.

How do you like the bumper plates compared to the iron ones?

If you are doing any Olympic lifts they are worth it.

If it’s only for squatting, pressing, rows then the iron ones are fine.
Thanks!
Guess I’ll switch to rubber plates ones once they arrive, they’re a bit cheaper but savings add up

That’s genius, if you load one bumper plate with the rest rubber/iron, is there any negatives versus having all bumpers?

Yea bumper plates cost an arm and leg but they’re the only thing in stock right now near me, got 6 of them to hold me down until the other plates arrive
I’m not competitively lifting so the one bumper on each end for me is beneficial as they are slightly larger in diameter then my irons. When I grab em I’ll demonstrate my thoughts lol

Regards
SonOfOdin

I’m not competitively lifting so the one bumper on each end for me is beneficial as they are slightly larger in diameter then my irons. When I grab em I’ll demonstrate my thoughts lol

Regards
SonOfOdin
Luckily the rubber plates I got are 35’s so they’ll definitely be a tad smaller
Thanks for saving me a bunch of money haha

just wondering, what barbell do you use? I didn’t even realize there was different barbells but apparently there’s ones that bend and ones that are stiff

I have an Ox bar and a wobble bar myself. I like the flex of a softer bar. I find it gives me a more challenging lift in comparison to a stiff bar. It’s all personal preference and whether or not your competing. Much like deadlift I prefer a sumo lift over traditional but a lot of local competitions don’t allow sumo lift.

Regards
SonOfOdin

I bought just 2 45 pound bumpers for deadlifting and the rest of my plates are iron. Prefer the old school iron plates when possible!