box squats

Sounds great. If you can build it and it works the same it's a lot cheaper. Reverse hypers are great for the hamstrings and your initial starting weight with them is low but over time your strength will grow. Remember power and strength is not a sprint it's a progression over time. Good luck with the ham strength
Personally my low back felt terrific after a set of reverse Hypers.

Box squats are amazing if they are done right not only for power and strength but also quad and hamstring growth

most people bounce on the box which is a no no

keeping the quads and hamstrings flexed and releasing the hips is what you should do then explode off the box after a 1-2 second pause

Box squats are amazing if they are done right not only for power and strength but also quad and hamstring growth

most people bounce on the box which is a no no

keeping the quads and hamstrings flexed and releasing the hips is what you should do then explode off the box after a 1-2 second pause

I've started doing speed work and I really like box squarts for speed... I go down slow, touch gently and then fast up.

I've started doing speed work and I really like box squarts for speed... I go down slow, touch gently and then fast up.
I've always liked box squats for growth. I'm a strong squatter, but below parallel just makes the glutes grow more for me. If I stop on a box of about parallel height, it's all quads for me. There's obviously some lumbar loading, but if you're careful... it's fine.