Taureau

Administrator
Steroids vs Natural bodybuilding

Here at Canadian Brawn we often discuss the use of anabolic steroids in bodybuilding. As most of us would assume, taking steroids aids in muscle growth. However, a ten-week study demonstrated the vast difference between training naturally and on steroids.

The study took forty three men and assigned them to one of four groups:

Group 1: Placebo with no exercise.

Group 2: 600mg of testosterone Enanthate with no exercise.

Group 3: Placebo and exercise.

Group 4: 600mg of testosterone Enanthate and exercise.

The results were as follows:

Group 1: No real changes in muscle mass.

Group 2: Gained about 7 pounds of muscle due to the testosterone Enanthate.

Group 3: Gained 4 pounds of muscle.

Group 4: Gained 13 pounds of muscle.

What can we learn from this?

The muscle building effects of steroids are very significant, with the steroid and exercise group gaining over three times as much muscle as the non steroid and exercise group. When taking steroids your physiology changes completely meaning that training approaches you used while natural may no longer work. Here are three key pieces of advice for the enhanced trainer:

• Connective tissue work
While taking steroids, muscles can often grow in size and strength far faster than one’s tendons and ligaments can strengthen. This can leave one at increased risk of tendon and ligament strains and tears.

1537461516608.png

The athletes trained by Louie Simmons at Westside Barbell have known this for years and develop their connective tissue using high rep resistance band work. For example doing sets of fifty or one hundred reps on band tricep pushdowns and high rep band curls will help keep the elbows safer by developing the tricep and bicep tendons.

• Diet while on anabolic steroids
Enhanced lifters have a constantly elevated rate of protein synthesis and are more efficient at using amino acids to build new muscle tissue. While natural lifters should aim for roughly 1-1.2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, enhanced lifters should eat up to 1.5 grams per pound, depending on what substances they are taking. While it varies from substance to substance, steroids will increase the amount of muscle that one breaks down and this furthers the need for a high protein diet.

• Supplementation
Long term and even short term use of anabolic steroids can have damaging health effects. This is especially true when individuals are sourcing steroids from underground labs meaning there is a risk of a lack of purity in the substance. Steroids that cause water retention such as anadrol and testosterone can increase blood pressure. Most of steroids will also thicken the blood, in particular anadrol and equipoise. In order to combat this it is recommended that bodybuilders taking steroids supplement with fish oil, which can reduce blood pressure and decrease blood thickening. Alternatively taking around 4000IU of a high quality vitamin D3 supplement can lower blood pressure and support bone health.

Steroids vs natural: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

Testosterone causing blood thickening: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fda-warns-blood-clot-risk-testosterone-products-201406247240

omega 3 reducing bp: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4548432/

Last edited:
  • Connective tissue work
While taking steroids, muscles can often grow in size and strength far faster than one’s tendons and ligaments can strengthen. This can leave one at increased risk of tendon and ligament strains and tears.

This happened on my first blast of tren:rolleyes:

Steroids vs Natural bodybuilding

Here at Canadian Brawn we often discuss the use of anabolic steroids in bodybuilding. As most of us would assume, taking steroids aids in muscle growth. However, a ten-week study demonstrated the vast difference between training naturally and on steroids.

The study took forty three men and assigned them to one of four groups:

Group 1: Placebo with no exercise.

Group 2: 600mg of testosterone Enanthate with no exercise.

Group 3: Placebo and exercise.

Group 4: 600mg of testosterone Enanthate and exercise.

The results were as follows:

Group 1: No real changes in muscle mass.

Group 2: Gained about 7 pounds of muscle due to the testosterone Enanthate.

Group 3: Gained 4 pounds of muscle.

Group 4: Gained 13 pounds of muscle.

What can we learn from this?

The muscle building effects of steroids are very significant, with the steroid and exercise group gaining over three times as much muscle as the non steroid and exercise group. When taking steroids your physiology changes completely meaning that training approaches you used while natural may no longer work. Here are three key pieces of advice for the enhanced trainer:

• Connective tissue work

View attachment 297

The athletes trained by Louie Simmons at Westside Barbell have known this for years and develop their connective tissue using high rep resistance band work. For example doing sets of fifty or one hundred reps on band tricep pushdowns and high rep band curls will help keep the elbows safer by developing the tricep and bicep tendons.

• Diet while on anabolic steroids
Enhanced lifters have a constantly elevated rate of protein synthesis and are more efficient at using amino acids to build new muscle tissue. While natural lifters should aim for roughly 1-1.2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, enhanced lifters should eat up to 1.5 grams per pound, depending on what substances they are taking. While it varies from substance to substance, steroids will increase the amount of muscle that one breaks down and this furthers the need for a high protein diet.

• Supplementation
Long term and even short term use of anabolic steroids can have damaging health effects. This is especially true when individuals are sourcing steroids from underground labs meaning there is a risk of a lack of purity in the substance. Steroids that cause water retention such as anadrol and testosterone can increase blood pressure. Most of steroids will also thicken the blood, in particular anadrol and equipoise. In order to combat this it is recommended that bodybuilders taking steroids supplement with fish oil, which can reduce blood pressure and decrease blood thickening. Alternatively taking around 4000IU of a high quality vitamin D3 supplement can lower blood pressure and support bone health.

Steroids vs natural: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

Testosterone causing blood thickening: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fda-warns-blood-clot-risk-testosterone-products-201406247240

omega 3 reducing bp: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4548432/
@Taureau brilliant post

Some dude at the gym was asking another dude for some advice. The other dude was pretty big and enhanced. Then, at the end the guy asking for advice started talking shit about steroids and how he likes to be natural because “it was more challenging”. He looked like he had a couple of cycles under his belt (assumption). I don’t know why he got all defensive and started talking shit about people. The enhanced man giving advice had nothing to say lol. I could tell he got offended. I said this before and I’ll say it again, I would be a fool not to take advantage of the advancements in science and technology in today’s world. I haven’t touched anything in so many many years and starting from scratch as a fat man, but the day is approaching. I cannot wait. It’s more challenging to be enhanced in my opinion.

Great post though, thanks boss. I missed this one.

Some dude at the gym was asking another dude for some advice. The other dude was pretty big and enhanced. Then, at the end the guy asking for advice started talking shit about steroids and how he likes to be natural because “it was more challenging”. He looked like he had a couple of cycles under his belt (assumption). I don’t know why he got all defensive and started talking shit about people. The enhanced man giving advice had nothing to say lol. I could tell he got offended. I said this before and I’ll say it again, I would be a fool not to take advantage of the advancements in science and technology in today’s world. I haven’t touched anything in so many many years and starting from scratch as a fat man, but the day is approaching. I cannot wait. It’s more challenging to be enhanced in my opinion.

Great post though, thanks boss. I missed this one.
The points of discussion cpuld be endless. In the end though I belueve it comes dowm to human nature, public and personal perceptions, ignorance and concern over what othets will tjink.

This translates over to many discusdions or arguments and is more largely asociated with human flaws and not just at the individual level.

In tjis case...Steroids are perceived as dirty, cheating and dangerous. The public is fed that - so many will never be honest with their true thoughts on the subject or actions.... unless they feel comfortable in a group of like minded individuals.

I normally don’t say shit. A few people know, but mainly guys who I know have or are using.
I really want to tell the one customer to stop doing shallow delt injections because I can see the bump though, lol.

I normally don’t say shit. A few people know, but mainly guys who I know have or are using.
I really want to tell the one customer to stop doing shallow delt injections because I can see the bump though, lol.
That’ll be the day he’ll stop shopping lol

The points of discussion cpuld be endless. In the end though I belueve it comes dowm to human nature, public and personal perceptions, ignorance and concern over what othets will tjink.

This translates over to many discusdions or arguments and is more largely asociated with human flaws and not just at the individual level.

In tjis case...Steroids are perceived as dirty, cheating and dangerous. The public is fed that - so many will never be honest with their true thoughts on the subject or actions.... unless they feel comfortable in a group of like minded individuals.
Well said.

That’ll be the day he’ll stop shopping lol

Well said.
I didn’t want to embaressed him. Hes about my age, was pudgy before and is really starting to look good. Don’t want to wreck it for him.

One day his wife or buddy will say something.
I know exactly why he’s getting them, because I do also if I shallow inject in my delt. That’s why I stopped injecting them.

Hes been shopping at the store 3 times a week for like 6 years.