Blood test ( Free androgen index ?)

Harley00

The Rebel
just posting up my blood test , and wondering exactly what the free androgen index is as im high is this normal , and is this a good thing ? Meaning thats the free test i have available? Not to sure.Screenshot_20200706-113426_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes, it’s like a ratio between your test and sex binding globulin.
High is fine. Yours is high because your total test is high.
Mine was high because my shbg was low.

Don’t worry about it.

Btw how much test are you running a week, and are you taking Adex or mast?

Yes, it’s like a ratio between your test and sex binding globulin.
High is fine. Yours is high because your total test is high.
Mine was high because my shbg was low.

Don’t worry about it.

Btw how much test are you running a week, and are you taking Adex or mast?
All sub q injections
I was 180mg of syn test c a week prior to those test i was pinning 2 days a week with 20 mg a day proviron.
I have currently bumped to 250 test e / 250 mast/ 150 npp as of 2 weeks ago, and i have another lgc test ill do in a month.
I was using aromasin at the time with no schedule only by feel.
Recently switched to adex at 0.5 two days a week and im a bit tired last few days so im going ro wait few days and get on a 0.25 schedule.

Last edited:
All sub q injections
I was 180mg of syn test c a week prior to those test i was pinning 3 days a week with 20 mg a day proviron.
I have currently bumped to 250 test e / 250 mast/ 150 npp as of 2 weeks ago, and i have another lgc test ill do in a month.
Recently switched to adex at 0.5 two days a week and im a bit tired last few days so im going ro wait few days and get on a 0.25 schedule.

Even with that much AI, your estro is still on the higher range?

Even with that much AI, your estro is still on the higher range?
This test was just on 180mg test and 20mg proviron.
E2 is within the normal range 37 that was on guessing my e2 taking an aromasin when i felt i needed it, i took the test when i thought i was close to help me identify a good feel good result test was morning before next pin as well. , some say 20 to 30 range is best but 37 is still normal range. Overall i feel i did a decent job at guessing my e2, basically used high bp and low erections in morning for high and legarthy and pissing more then i drink for low , for me that seems to be the identifying puzzle pieces.

So is the "free androgen index" basically free T? What did it give for range?

This test was just on 180mg test and 20mg proviron.
E2 is within the normal range 37 that was on guessing my e2 taking an aromasin when i felt i needed it, i took the test when i thought i was close to help me identify a good feel good result test was morning before next pin as well. , some say 20 to 30 range is best but 37 is still normal range. Overall i feel i did a decent job at guessing my e2, basically used high bp and low erections in morning for high and legarthy and pissing more then i drink for low , for me that seems to be the identifying puzzle pieces.

Oh I mixed up the unit of measurement... My bad.

All sub q injections
I was 180mg of syn test c a week prior to those test i was pinning 2 days a week with 20 mg a day proviron.

The proviron will also suppress your shbg, thereby increasing amount of free test, which means more to aromatize.

All subq, eh? Interesting. You're pinning all that sub q? That's a lot of shots. I'm too fucking lazy.

On a somewhat related note, I noticed that a lot of guys have their shbg in the 20 range. Should one try to keep it around there? If so I should consider weekly injections.

The proviron will also suppress your shbg, thereby increasing amount of free test, which means more to aromatize.

All subq, eh? Interesting. You're pinning all that sub q? That's a lot of shots. I'm too fucking lazy.

On a somewhat related note, I noticed that a lot of guys have their shbg in the 20 range. Should one try to keep it around there? If so I should consider weekly injections.
All sub q , i dont mind the pinning , iv read more frequent pinning can give you a lower shbg it seems to work for me , id much rather have more free test available so prob not a bad thing to keep that on the low range.

All sub q , i dont mind the pinning , iv read more frequent pinning can give you a lower shbg it seems to work for me , id much rather have more free test available so prob not a bad thing to keep that on the low range.
Just wondering where you read this @Harley00? There is no data that I have found that supports your claim that frequent pinning reduces SHBG. Can you post up where you read this please?

Just wondering where you read this @Harley00? There is no data that I have found that supports your claim that frequent pinning reduces SHBG. Can you post up where you read this please?
I know your super intrested in the shbg levels , i only read that more frequent pinning can help at lowering your shbg i have no wiki evidence or anything to back any claims only my blood work and from what others have said on many fourms.its all bro science, i think there tons of facters in maintaining your shbg , i still personally believe pinning more frequently is best though. Weather its backed by evidence or not maintaining levels throughout the week just makes sense too me.

I know your super intrested in the shbg levels , i only read that more frequent pinning can help at lowering your shbg i have no wiki evidence or anything to back any claims only my blood work and from what others have said on many fourms.its all bro science, i think there tons of facters in maintaining your shbg , i still personally believe pinning more frequently is best though. Weather its backed by evidence or not maintaining levels throughout the week just makes sense too me.

I was under the impression that pinning more frequently doesn't so much change your SHBG level as it does mitigate the issues associated with low SHBG

I was under the impression that pinning more frequently doesn't so much change your SHBG level as it does mitigate the issues associated with low SHBG
Yeah, this is what I thought too.
Yes, that is exactly right. Frequent pinning while having low SHBG is key to stable hormone levels. Frequent pinning does not lower SHBG.
So yes, @Harley00, because you have a lower SHBG you will benefit way more by ED or EOD shots to keep your hormone levels more stable but that is not what is lowering your SHBG.

Yes, that is exactly right. Frequent pinning while having low SHBG is key to stable hormone levels. Frequent pinning does not lower SHBG.
So yes, @Harley00, because you have a lower SHBG you will benefit way more by ED or EOD shots to keep your hormone levels more stable but that is not what is lowering your SHBG.
Ahhhh ok cool thnx i read so much on the net hard to sort out whats correct lol so the higher the shbg someone can pin less to maintain there levels

Ahhhh ok cool thnx i read so much on the net hard to sort out whats correct lol so the higher the shbg someone can pin less to maintain there levels

Higher SHBG can pin less frequently, yes. However, they typically need a higher overall dose because more of the test is being bound by the higher SHBG, leaving less free test to do the good stuff

I taught proviron was somehow ai to a little level🤔

I taught proviron was somehow ai to a little level🤔
To an extent. I've used it as such, but the last two times I tried to use it I had adverse reactions. I will mention that I was using a small dose, 1/4 tab, and it didn't take long before my gyno flared up. If you're thinking proviron doesn't aromatize you're correct, but I have been told that prolonged use can exacerbate gyno.
I was on it for 5-6 weeks last summer (25mg/day), no issues whatsoever, and it did enable me to reduce my reliance on an AI. From what I've read the AI benefit comes with using a certain dosage. Perhaps my more recent use, as a libido boost, the dose wasn't sufficient, and instead I just managed to lower my shbg, boost my free test, which caused me a lot of grief. I was only using a moderate dose of test at the time. I was not taking any other compounds. This effect occurred within a week. The only explanation I have is from experience, but I was previously warned about the elevated free test/estrogen issue from a long-time bodybuilder.