Blood pressure

superbeast

Trusted Member
I just checked my blood pressure and for the first time i am finding it to be high.
Machine say for systolic above 140 is high. Mine shows 154. Not sure how concerned i should be with this?
Last i checked was 132

The numbers have been changed recently, according to the new standards you are way too high. I've been running at 130ish over 80ish and doc was happy with that but according to the new standards I'm way too high as well.

There is a thread here somewhere on that, @Bagua posted up a link with the new numbers, hopefully he can post it up again. From what I'm gathering Doctors are having difficulty reaching these new standards with their patients.

I had a talk with a nephro today and they are all still confused on how to reach these new markers.

Mine is 130/75 on coversyl. I asked Dr about if we should try to get to 120/70 based on new research and she said I was fine. Guess I will monitor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked my blood pressure and for the first time i am finding it to be high.
Machine say for systolic above 140 is high. Mine shows 154. Not sure how concerned i should be with this?
Last i checked was 132
I would check it in the morning after you wake and probably two others times thoughout the day for two or three days straight to get your average reading. That should help to give a more overall accurate value and also make sure you use a large cuff because cuffs to small will give inaccurate measurements

I would check it in the morning after you wake and probably two others times thoughout the day for two or three days straight to get your average reading. That should help to give a more overall accurate value and also make sure you use a large cuff because cuffs to small will give inaccurate measurements

Ambulatory readings are good as @Beothuk stated above. Assume your morning readings will be highers due to natural circadian rhythms and after you eat. There will be natural ups and downs. Shoot for five or six readings daily and do it for a week or so. After that a couple times a day will be good if you are hypertensive.