Blood donation/letting

Fuck that shit.

Why cant you donate? Failing that some TRT clinics offer it for a price & just discard it after.

My wife is a trained phlebotomist but we haven't tried the bloodletting thing. Sorry I don't have any more insight than that.

If you had any questions I could ask her tho

Im in the same boat...looking to do it in the comfort of my living room. Ive seen some youtube channels of professionals performing it on themselves. Im looking into the hose adapters and such.

I already let some blood at home .

i tried directly with a 18ga pin and a syringe with the plunger removed but it clogged after a minute or so....

The best way is with a tube attached to the needle plugged on a bottle. Use a 18ga preferably.

look at this video, i have used this method 2-3 times and it work... just be careful when you poke the vein on your arm, if you move too much, you will end up with a big bruise

not the prettiest but it works. The first Time i did this was such a release. I had headache and high pressure from a long eq cycle...fulled a bottle of blood and it was almost instant satisfaction...
Dont know if it was placebo effect or not, but it seems to work

I already let some blood at home .

i tried directly with a 18ga pin and a syringe with the plunger removed but it clogged after a minute or so....

The best way is with a tube attached to the needle plugged on a bottle. Use a 18ga preferably.

look at this video, i have used this method 2-3 times and it work... just be careful when you poke the vein on your arm, if you move too much, you will end up with a big bruise

not the prettiest but it works. The first Time i did this was such a release. I had headache and high pressure from a long eq cycle...fulled a bottle of blood and it was almost instant satisfaction...
Dont know if it was placebo effect or not, but it seems to work

How did you attach a tube to the needle? All i seem to find online are butterfly needles with tube already attached.

It just freaks me out. I’m a First responder, Paramedic by career and see some fucked up stuff occasionally butk I’m a pussy when it comes to anything on my self. But j would think an 18 g with a hose would be suffice I just recommend having someone there with you incase something goes wrong.

Be careful with bloodletting brother.

I think @Cheapshot posted an excellent thread about bloodletting.
My memory isnt too good anymore lol.

If that was you brother, maybe Chime in, i thought it was an excellent post.

How did you attach a tube to the needle? All i seem to find online are butterfly needles with tube already attached.
Just plug it tight with pressure right in the needle input...
You need the right diameter , i dont remember i think its 1/4.... i bought it at my local petshop store! The aquarium Tubing do the job ...

Be careful with bloodletting brother.

I think @Cheapshot posted an excellent thread about bloodletting.
My memory isnt too good anymore lol.

If that was you brother, maybe Chime in, i thought it was an excellent post.
I think @Zuespas is actually trained by the guy who wrote the article...lol

Just plug it tight with pressure right in the needle input...
You need the right diameter , i dont remember i think its 1/4.... i bought it at my local petshop store! The aquarium Tubing do the job ...

Cool. Ive seen one video with a lad who hooked up his tubing to an aquarium pump and it slowly pumps out the blood into a water bottle. I guess you could pull vacuum on the line and help it along instead of gravity feeding. Use an automotive brake bleeding kit lol

I was told by my doctor to start donating blood as often as possible because of my TRT.. Issue is, to donate blood its a 6 hour round trip for me.

I tried a few times to do it at home first. First road block I found was not using a big needle. You truly need a thick needle with a big opening. When I finally went to donate, I was shocked at the harpoon they used lol.

The second diffculty was applying pressure around the arm to do the whole process. I used my wife's elctronic blood pressure testor to accomploish this. Worked well. But again, I just didn't have the right needle.

third roadblock was my wife freaking out while I was trying to do the whole thing.. I put the wife in the bedroom and told her to stay there unless she heard my body hit the floor or I told her its ok to come out.

It's not a easy process from my perspective. If you have a place to donate, just donate.. The blood will go to good use. Don't assume you can't donate until you have gone and tried and they give you the reason you can't donate. My doctor said they LOVE big guys on hormone replacement because the blood is rich in what a donor (from blood loss) would need. So just go try first, its a LOT easier then doing it at home.

If your hellbent on doing it at home, you REALLY need to educate yourself first. You have no clue when your iron, RBC's etc are at.. If you take blood out, you could drop one of those levels too much and you will feel like dog shit and it will take 4-6 weeks to build your levels back up, but you might not even know and you'll do the process again and fuck yourself up again.. Read read read.. and go get blood work before at the very least.. before and after if you can.
And I think the max you should ever drain is like 1.5 cups.. I think thats the amount, but either way I read lots of ppl drain more thinking "if I drain more than what they do at the donor clinic, I won't have to do it as ofter".. well your right in terms of it will take a LOT longer to get high levels of somethig you don't want, but you will feel like shit beause you dropped your levels too much...

For someone whose tried both and had a doctor tell me its in my best interest to donate as much as possible, try the legit way first..

lasty, if you insist on doing it at home, buy th buttefly needles which are the appropriate needles for giving blood.

I should add, from the few times I tried doign it at home I ended up with some bruising spots on the insie of my elbows lol.. Funny, but then I wondered if I kept it up would I damage a vien??

I was told by my doctor to start donating blood as often as possible because of my TRT.. Issue is, to donate blood its a 6 hour round trip for me.

I tried a few times to do it at home first. First road block I found was not using a big needle. You truly need a thick needle with a big opening. When I finally went to donate, I was shocked at the harpoon they used lol.

The second diffculty was applying pressure around the arm to do the whole process. I used my wife's elctronic blood pressure testor to accomploish this. Worked well. But again, I just didn't have the right needle.

third roadblock was my wife freaking out while I was trying to do the whole thing.. I put the wife in the bedroom and told her to stay there unless she heard my body hit the floor or I told her its ok to come out.

It's not a easy process from my perspective. If you have a place to donate, just donate.. The blood will go to good use. Don't assume you can't donate until you have gone and tried and they give you the reason you can't donate. My doctor said they LOVE big guys on hormone replacement because the blood is rich in what a donor (from blood loss) would need. So just go try first, its a LOT easier then doing it at home.

If your hellbent on doing it at home, you REALLY need to educate yourself first. You have no clue when your iron, RBC's etc are at.. If you take blood out, you could drop one of those levels too much and you will feel like dog shit and it will take 4-6 weeks to build your levels back up, but you might not even know and you'll do the process again and fuck yourself up again.. Read read read.. and go get blood work before at the very least.. before and after if you can.
And I think the max you should ever drain is like 1.5 cups.. I think thats the amount, but either way I read lots of ppl drain more thinking "if I drain more than what they do at the donor clinic, I won't have to do it as ofter".. well your right in terms of it will take a LOT longer to get high levels of somethig you don't want, but you will feel like shit beause you dropped your levels too much...

For someone whose tried both and had a doctor tell me its in my best interest to donate as much as possible, try the legit way first..

lasty, if you insist on doing it at home, buy th buttefly needles which are the appropriate needles for giving blood.

Good points to consider. You should always be doing phlebotomy based on bloodwork to know where youre at. And bloodletting if necessary based on cbc numbers, ferritin, iron levels etc. Blood banks use 16gauge sharps and draw 450ml each time. Some have used 18g in diy phlebotomys with success. Make sure youre hydrated and have eaten a bit before. If you start to feel dizzy...stop immediately and put you legs and feet up. As they state at the blood banks, you should feel the same throughout the entire process.

Great responses. I can and do donate blood but I’d rather do the same just at home. I have to lie on a lot of the questions as we all do because steroid use is a straight up question they ask.

Great responses. I can and do donate blood but I’d rather do the same just at home. I have to lie on a lot of the questions as we all do because steroid use is a straight up question they ask.

And "have you EVER used intervenous drugs"

People need to understand that no matter what you are worried about or whatever you lie about on your questionaire, they test ALL donated blood.

I beleive the qustionaire just weeds ppl out beore they spend time and money acepting it and testing it.

I have considered doing this at home a few times. For me it is also way too far to travel to donate. 8hrs min round trip just for the driving. Last time i ran eq was pretty far into it and was going to let it go in the sink. Never did get around to it. Been reading lately that getting rid of blood once in a while can reduce risk of heart attack and heart disease.

They use a 16g when I donate for what its worth (I asked). As mentioned above they do test RBC before you donate. Can you at least get that checked before you drain yourself?

No more BP check though.