Bloated gut

granpa1959

Never say never!
Trusted Member
Hey to the all knowing Brawnie bunch out there.

Like I have said before this bodybuilding adventure is really new and exciting. I did my first cut cycle recently. Now my coach has me doing my first off season program. I am eating a lot of food.

In my case I am experiencing a really bloated gut about half the time. I am eating all the food but it is soooo uncomfortable!

So how do people handle all the bloating from the density of the foods?

Is this restricted to newbies in their 60's?

My coach has been bang on with everything he has said so far. So I don't question the directions.

I am closing in on a month in and its still a problem. My abs disappeared about a week ago.

This is helpful to know. I feel really self-conscious about it I'm so bloated.
I'm 26 man and when I go to bulk I get complete distention.

Just think. You're jamming so much food into you while trying to force your body to grow. And if you went from a deficit to a large surplus, you're practically opening the flood gates.

carbs make be bloat for sure. However I love them, so your food choices can have an impact on bloat but gut distention is due to the excess of food in your stomach and Intestines.

What's your surplus look like? A mistake I made this year was jumping right into a large surplus in my first 4 weeks before my test kicked in and I gained a significant amount of fat in that period

I'm 26 man and when I go to bulk I get complete distention.

Just think. You're jamming so much food into you while trying to force your body to grow. And if you went from a deficit to a large surplus, you're practically opening the flood gates.

carbs make be bloat for sure. However I love them, so your food choices can have an impact on bloat but gut distention is due to the excess of food in your stomach and Intestines.

What's your surplus look like? A mistake I made this year was jumping right into a large surplus in my first 4 weeks before my test kicked in and I gained a significant amount of fat in that period
Coach had me do about 6 weeks of weight stabilizing then 1 month reverse dieting. (New terms to me).

Carbs!!! shit yeah I am eating a lot of oatmeal and rice! Adding a banana or an apple in each serving of oatmeal. I track everything like a religion. Calendar and log daily from the start.

I still have a long way to go. I'm 61years old 5'5" and 159lbs currently.

I gain fat so easy at this age its a shocker!!

Thanks for the heads up on it being carb related I eat a protein at each of my 6 meals too.

I can spread the carbs out more. It is the volume all at once it cripples me! I am constipated at least 3-4 days a week. Never quite empty either.

Digestive enzymes with your biggest meals help, or 3 times a day.
If you are eating more greens, reduce your extra fibre intake maybe.
Probiotics can help, but I find them to be overrated IMO.

What does your diet look like?

Switching oats to cream of rice will help a bunch. Also if you're not already Jasmine Rice is probably the best white rice I've found in terms of digestibility, that or sushi rice.

Currently eating over 5200cals and am never bloated, fairly lean. Cutting out carbs for last two meals also helps.

You need to find foods that you can digest well. These are different for everyone...everyone seems to tolerate rice well but I swell up like a waterballoon and my digestion becomes awful. Eggs and milk are some other ones a lot of people struggle with. Trial and error.

I also take wheat bran and I find the difference to be night and day. Just throw a few tablespoons in with your oats. You can get it at any bulk store and it costs nothing.

Looks like you have a case of leaky guy.
1. Super digestive enzymes
2, berbine
3. Collegen peptides.
4. A good Probiotic.
These things will resolve this issue.
If the issue returns then theres an underlying issue causing the leaky gut( exsample tooth infection) can cause leaky gut as the infection leaks into your stomach and over time causes leaky gut.

You need to find foods that you can digest well. These are different for everyone...everyone seems to tolerate rice well but I swell up like a waterballoon and my digestion becomes awful. Eggs and milk are some other ones a lot of people struggle with. Trial and error.

I also take wheat bran and I find the difference to be night and day. Just throw a few tablespoons in with your oats. You can get it at any bulk store and it costs nothing.
That is a great idea, I could likely stop using Metamucil then.

Looks like you have a case of leaky guy.
1. Super digestive enzymes
2, berbine
3. Collegen peptides.
4. A good Probiotic.
These things will resolve this issue.
If the issue returns then theres an underlying issue causing the leaky gut( exsample tooth infection) can cause leaky gut as the infection leaks into your stomach and over time causes leaky gut.
I looked up leaky gut, and the fix is the same as anyone should do to improve digestion,

Lo
I looked up leaky gut, and the fix is the same as anyone should do to improve digestion,
I have leaky gut from a crashed thyroid.which slowed down my intestinal track.
The items i listed are the best and fastest way to fix it.

If we go back and do our research i believe grandpa had a fucked thyroid and was working on medication, in the process of becoming optimal , his intestinal track slowed down causing a build up off bad bacteria.

@granpa1959 look at my above info this will help.

If we go back and do our research i believe grandpa had a fucked thyroid and was working on medication, in the process of becoming optimal , his intestinal track slowed down causing a build up off bad bacteria.

@granpa1959 look at my above info this will help.
Thanks Harley, this is correct my thyroid is screwed. I do have a slow intestinal track. I will make some food swaps asap and I know I've had collegen suggested by an OT friend just on the weekend. I will start looking into the other suggested products as well. Finally, yes I just had an infected tooth yanked out a few weeks back.

What does your diet look like?

Switching oats to cream of rice will help a bunch. Also if you're not already Jasmine Rice is probably the best white rice I've found in terms of digestibility, that or sushi rice.

Currently eating over 5200cals and am never bloated, fairly lean. Cutting out carbs for last two meals also helps.
This is totally a change I can make. I like Cream of wheat and Red river cereal. I can try Cream of rice too. Great suggestions! I gee stuck in some rigid thinking sometimes.

I found after I did the Palumbo keto diet a number of years ago it made me really carb sensitive to the point where I get very lethargic and bloated but it could just be my age and coupled with the fact I have a pretty sedentary job. I find a regular routine of whole psyllium husks with small breaks plus intermittent fasting (once a week) really helps me have more food intake during the week.