Blending Isolate

JohnnyCage

Trusted Member
Hey guys quick question I just started using a ninja similar to the magic bullet but a lot more powerful with my shakes. I add 5 ice cubes and it creates a nice frothy shake all clean. I wonder if the blender can destroy the aminos in the protein? I read somewhere BCAAs can be destroyed with blending too hard?

Thats a good question lol i cant help though i usually put 4 big scoops in a shaker and drink it ....most of the times its clumpy and still full of powder lol i guess i like it Colombian pure lol

Hey guys quick question I just started using a ninja similar to the magic bullet but a lot more powerful with my shakes. I add 5 ice cubes and it creates a nice frothy shake all clean. I wonder if the blender can destroy the aminos in the protein? I read somewhere BCAAs can be destroyed with blending too hard?

I've always used blender and far as I can tell protein is fine. It would have to break apart the molecular bonds of the individual aminos, perform a chemical change, or whatever that's called, sorry science class was a long long time ago. If you take a steak and beat the shit out of it with a tenderizer, does it get rid of the protein don't think so if anything makes it more tender and easier to eat.

I believe I heard this as well
I don’t even own protein powder so I haven’t thought of it much. But I swear I read that you aren’t supposed to blend...stir or shake

Or better yet throw that crap in the garbage lol

I don't have a sciency answer but I figure it can't be too bad as their is more than one monster kicking around that relies on them heavily in their diet. Heard of more than one who consume barely anything else, probably not the healthiest approach overall but they are able to grow from it.

I learn lots about amino acid from my high school grade 13 teacher.
Mixing or blending protein won't damage it.
The only way my teacher said was from high heat, cooking eggs on high instead of low heat.....the term is denature.
We leaned that is mainly effected eggs and milk products.
There was never any talk about cooking meat in a over.
We learn about di & tri peptides amino in meats and dairy.....the best source.:)

I learn lots about amino acid from my high school grade 13 teacher.
Mixing or blending protein won't damage it.
The only way my teacher said was from high heat, cooking eggs on high instead of low heat.....the term is denature.
We leaned that is mainly effected eggs and milk products.
There was never any talk about cooking meat in a over.
We learn about di & tri peptides amino in meats and dairy.....the best source.:)

Hey Funny and all,

Not saying you stated any of this, just some thoughts and curious if anyone can help me understand.

Denaturing of proteins confuses me. Usually if you hear anyone with a health or athletic background use the term it's in a negative way and I don't get it. Denaturing is also a step in the digestion of protein in our bodies so why is it bad? Denaturing causes the collapse of the structures that hold all the aminos together but the aminos (and their peptide bonds? can't remember) remain intact so why is it bad? Hydrolyzed protein is a fairly popular supplement, to me it like the step in between a complete food source and pure amino acids. All of them I've tried taste like shit unfortunately lol.

Folks take digestive aids like papain or what have you and some powder products even include such things, all this doesn't add up in my mind.

So I guess the big question I've never heard a convincing answer to is "why would it be bad?" I think the answer is likely just oversimplified thinking and parroting by some "denaturing means destroying right bro?"

Anyhoo, any of y'all with some insight please feel welcome to post up. Cheers.

Yes destroyed protein, the amino acid profile is not as good.
We learned di-peptides were 2 molecules together with better break down than whole protein.
So he said the bio avaiblity is lower.
Personally is don't let this bother me anymore.
I personally think people over think to much.