black pepper - benefits (better absorption, cholesterol, blood sugar, anti-inflammatory, etc.)

Goldenrod

Staff member
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/black-pepper-benefits#2.-Has-anti-inflammatory-properties
We buy black pepper in bulk and I chew a few peppercorns before taking my morning and evening supplements. Mainly, because I take turmeric supplements each day. There are curcumin supplements that are expensive and claim to have a much higher oral bioavailability. Turmeric supplements are cheap but are not absorbed well, adding piperine increases the absorbption by a staggering % - I don't have the number in front of me.
I didn't know about the added health benefits before reading some of the studies (albeit most were on rats) and was surprised to learn of some of the reputed health benefits.
Just another relatively inexpensive spice/food that has health benefits. Thought I would share.

@biguglynewf doTERRA is a Latter Day Saint outfit and they give a whack of their profits to charity. Mormon trivia.

You didn’t know I was a Mormon?

😂😂😂

The things they do worldwide are actually pretty incredible. Between the charity stuff they do and things for the environment....it’s pretty remarkable.

Had now idea though they were largely Mormon. Although with the head offices being in Utah it really comes as no surprise.

You didn’t know I was a Mormon?

😂😂😂

The things they do worldwide are actually pretty incredible. Between the charity stuff they do and things for the environment....it’s pretty remarkable.

Had now idea though they were largely Mormon. Although with the head offices being in Utah it really comes as no surprise.

Oh man! The Latter Day Saints are one of the better ones out there.