Baseline/Recomp

Oldguyjiujitsu

OAF
Trusted Member
Background: I am 47 and a primarily a jiu jitsu practitioner that also likes to lift with the goals to look athletic, maintain strength and mobility as this old beat up body ages. I am on Dr prescribe TRT. I posted pics a little over a month ago when I was about 8 weeks into working with Funnyman. The main focus of this round of training with Funnyman is to adjust my training (to complement jiu jitsu), don't overtrain me, and dial in my diet.

Now 12 weeks in:
Starting Weight 180, current weight 181

Measurements:
Starting and 12 weeks later (last night - not pumped):
Calves 14" - 14.25"
Thigh 21" - 22"
Chest 41" - 42.5"
Arms 14" - 14.5
Waste 32 - 32

Can's say enough about how much help Funnyman has provided. Tremendous value, very personable, and the plans are easy to follow. I will post new pics in 4 weeks.

PS - the best part is a number of people at work commenting on how fit I look.

Ya, i am eating very clean but i am eating 3500 cal per day. Not exactly starving myself LOL. I am fortunate to have a high metabolism plus i am very active. jiu jitsu is awesome cardio

That's great. Clean eating is the way to go, IMO.

I too have a fast metabolism... for now anyway!

Background: I am 47 and a primarily a jiu jitsu practitioner that also likes to lift with the goals to look athletic, maintain strength and mobility as this old beat up body ages. I am on Dr prescribe TRT. I posted pics a little over a month ago when I was about 8 weeks into working with Funnyman. The main focus of this round of training with Funnyman is to adjust my training (to complement jiu jitsu), don't overtrain me, and dial in my diet.

Now 12 weeks in:
Starting Weight 180, current weight 181

Measurements:
Starting and 12 weeks later (last night - not pumped):
Calves 14" - 14.25"
Thigh 21" - 22"
Chest 41" - 42.5"
Arms 14" - 14.5
Waste 32 - 32

Can's say enough about how much help Funnyman has provided. Tremendous value, very personable, and the plans are easy to follow. I will post new pics in 4 weeks.

PS - the best part is a number of people at work commenting on how fit I look.

How tall are you? I’m going to assume fairly tall because your son is over 6’ already.

I am 6’1. Long and lanky. As I aim for 190lbs with same BF I will look athletic but still more like a fighter than a bodybuilder.