At home work outs.

The_Night_King

Winter Is Here:
Trusted Member
So with all this BS going on and Gyms closing again in Toronto. I would rather not sit on my ass. Im trying to find stuff around the house to use. If you have other ideas, please add to it, so I can find other stuff to use. Cardio Im thinking I will just have to get used to running outside. There is also a big stair set I can use at the library in UofT.

Also do I continue on with my cycle ? or do I just stay on with just low dose of test. Right now its just 500 mg a week of test with 400 mg of NPP. I could realistically keep going, but just got to improvise I guess.

Chest:
Dips in corner of counter
Pushups, I could also put some thing on my back for weight

Shoulders:
Buckets of water
Resistance bands

Arms:
Bands
Buckets of water
Dips between two chairs

Back:
Im trying to figure out what I can use ?

Legs:

I think I could probably just fill a bucket up and do squats this way.

I would definitely take the cardio outdoors it gives fresh air and beautiful nature to look at so you get meditation out of it as well it’s like killing two birds in one stone workout and meditation lol. You can always substitute the weights with something solid I don’t know you’re living circumstances or on what you own so that would be difficult to advise on. You just have to know your body and what works your muscles.

Last edited:
If you have the space I’d personally get a squat rack, bench, Olympic bar and plates

depends on your goals though, could probably maintain muscle with a power tower doing pull-ups and dips

If you have the space I’d personally get a squat rack, bench, Olympic bar and plates

depends on your goals though, could probably maintain muscle with a power tower doing pull-ups and dips
wouldnt that be nice hahahaa. I gotta make due with a prison style work out for the time being. I did totally forget tho, the park in Kensington Market in Toronto, has a pull up bar. So I could take the bands there for back day and do some stuff.

I guess I can still maintain with bands and such. Could be a good time to focus more on a cardio based work out. It is what it is.

Get a well made backpack that can handle it and load it up with rocks or old brake rotors. You can do a lot with this!

To put it on first put it on a counter and back up into it. Dont try to swing it over your shoulder, it does not end well.

It works for arms too if you stick a baseball bat through the straps. My bag is a 5.11 ALS, seemingly indestructable.

Last edited:
Get a well made backpack that can handle it and load it up with rocks or old brake rotors. You can do a lot with this!
Ya man I was saying that to the Fiancé tonight. It be no different then when I started the training for the hike to Everest base camp. Been sitting here all night looking at idea,s and coming up with things I can use. Hamstrings might be a bit trickier, but such is life. I think I've figured out the basics tho.

wouldnt that be nice hahahaa. I gotta make due with a prison style work out for the time being. I did totally forget tho, the park in Kensington Market in Toronto, has a pull up bar. So I could take the bands there for back day and do some stuff.

I guess I can still maintain with bands and such. Could be a good time to focus more on a cardio based work out. It is what it is.
It’s not too bad budget wise if you think about it, a typical gym membership is $50 a month, at $600 a year you’d save money after 2 years

I’ve got no space though or id do it. If gyms closed again I might try and free some space up and just get a set up

A bench and those 4-5ft barbells is what I used during the first lockdown, worked well

For back go buy 18L jugs of water and row with that and superset it with band rows. Do pullovers with the jug too. Go find a playground near by and do chins.

You can use a small toolbox full of weight for rows. a long piece of metal pipe you can do t bar rows. Bands you can do shoulder raises and Tricep extensions. Pushups and bw squats to failure

Organize a protest outside Doug Fords place. Have everyone bring some gym equipment and set up a gym out front. No doubt there is enough pissed off people that would get involved. And get in an out doors work out.
I know it’s easier said than done but it can be done

I have seen John Meadows demonstrate different banded exercises on youtube. I just typed in "John Meadows banded good mornings" and a bunch of videos came up that he made while his gym was closed. Chest, back, legs, shoulders are all covered. Short term, it might be a nice change to incorporate bands and strongman type training. Your muscles won't know what hit them.

And having this shut down AGAIN sucks for businesses, gym-goers, and Ontario in general. Not to be a dick, I am thankful I just need to go down stairs to get in a great workout.