Aromatase inhibitors

MagnusPrime

Trusted Member
I was curious as to what most of you use during your Test only Cycle/Cruise/TRT for an AI (Aromatase inhibitors):
Arimidex (anastrozole)
Aromasin (exemestane)
Femara (letrozole)

Which one do you use and why?
For example, I've read and heard from a Doctor that Aromasin can be taken longer term with fewer side effects also.

I appreciate any input as I'm going to have Arimidex on hand during my TRT (if needed).
I was just looking to see what some people prefer and the possible reasons why
Thank you
-Magnus

I was curious as to what most of you use during your Test only Cycle/Cruise/TRT for an AI (Aromatase inhibitors):
Arimidex (anastrozole)
Aromasin (exemestane)
Femara (letrozole)

For example, I've read and heard from a Doctor that Aromasin can be taken longer term with fewer side effects also.

I appreciate any input as I'm going to have Arimidex on hand during my TRT (if needed).
Thank you
-Magnus

"For example, I've read and heard from a Doctor that Aromasin can be taken longer term with fewer side effects also." Agreed, this is the main one for me

Arimidex (anastrozole) - First response if shit gets suddenly out of control, gyno flair for example, acts quickly. Stops E production from aromatization. Not the go to for prolonged use for me. Small percentage of men over-respond to this one so hard to dial in.
Aromasin (exemestane) - Second response to a flair and for everyday use when I know the levels will be high, as per reasons above. Also the easier one to manage with some precision.
Femara (letrozole) - Only for persistent gyno. Harsh sides reported, though none felt for me personally. Strongest one but maybe more suitable for a near complete crash rather than dialing in to a certain range.

There is a section here with profiles for each of these in case you have not seen it.

"For example, I've read and heard from a Doctor that Aromasin can be taken longer term with fewer side effects also." Agreed, this is the main one for me

Arimidex (anastrozole) - First response if shit gets suddenly out of control, gyno flair for example, acts quickly. Stops E production from aromatization. Not the go to for prolonged use for me. Small percentage of men over-respond to this one so hard to dial in.
Aromasin (exemestane) - Second response to a flair and for everyday use when I know the levels will be high, as per reasons above. Also the easier one to manage with some precision.
Femara (letrozole) - Only for persistent gyno. Harsh sides reported, though none felt for me personally. Strongest one but maybe more suitable for a near complete crash rather than dialing in to a certain range.

There is a section here with profiles for each of these in case you have not seen it.

Thanks for the awesome reply. I will have a look and examine the profiles you mentioned. I appreciate it very much.

I do like aromasin, but I am veeeery careful with it now. A couple months ago I under estimated how good it was at doing it’s job, and I completely crashed my estrogen. That gave me the worst anxiety I’ve ever had in my life, I never experienced anything like that. I ended up stopping aromasin completely to try and get my estrogen back, and ended up getting sensitive nips and early signs of gyno. Took some nolvadex and that went away very quickly. That was the best learning experience I could have had for how to properly use AI. Now I start with a low AI dose, 12.5mg of aromasin every Monday/Thursday (my pin days). If I start to feel sensitive nipples, I just take some nolvadex until it goes away and increase the aromasin ever so slightly. If I get sensitive nipples again, I will repeat the process until I stop getting the sensitive nipples, and that’s how I know where my ai dose should be. For me, 12.5mg aromasin twice a week puts me right in the sweet spot. I do prefer aromasin over arimidex because it’s easy to take only twice a week, and I find it keeps my estrogen at a more consistent level which makes me able to judge it better. Just gotta respect it because I’ve never experienced anxiety like I did when I crashed my estrogen. Every time someone called or texted me, it was instant worry about “why?” and id feel like I was gonna puke. It was the weirdest thing.

I do like aromasin, but I am veeeery careful with it now. A couple months ago I under estimated how good it was at doing it’s job, and I completely crashed my estrogen. That gave me the worst anxiety I’ve ever had in my life, I never experienced anything like that. I ended up stopping aromasin completely to try and get my estrogen back, and ended up getting sensitive nips and early signs of gyno. Took some nolvadex and that went away very quickly. That was the best learning experience I could have had for how to properly use AI. Now I start with a low AI dose, 12.5mg of aromasin every Monday/Thursday (my pin days). If I start to feel sensitive nipples, I just take some nolvadex until it goes away and increase the aromasin ever so slightly. If I get sensitive nipples again, I will repeat the process until I stop getting the sensitive nipples, and that’s how I know where my ai dose should be. For me, 12.5mg aromasin twice a week puts me right in the sweet spot. I do prefer aromasin over arimidex because it’s easy to take only twice a week, and I find it keeps my estrogen at a more consistent level which makes me able to judge it better. Just gotta respect it because I’ve never experienced anxiety like I did when I crashed my estrogen. Every time someone called or texted me, it was instant worry about “why?” and id feel like I was gonna puke. It was the weirdest thing.

Sorry to hear that you had to learn the hard way with it.
I appreciate your input very much and I'm glad you have some peace of mind using it these days.

I dont use AIs anywhere under 400mg a week.

When I used to blast hard, Aromasin for me.

BUT same as @gondar1 I always kept some Pharma Dex on hand in case of emergencies (Gyno)

I prefer to run things like Proviron for E control at low test runs.

I get better gains, without having to resort to AIs

I also crashed my E once... literally felt like my shoulders were crunchy... really gross....

I havnt used this method yet, so maybe someone with. ore experience can chime in..
My rep suggested Test suspension if you are experimenting with AI doses.
If you accidentally crash your Estrogen, the test suspension will get you back on your feet faster.

Maybe something for you to look into.

I havnt used this method yet, so maybe someone with. ore experience can chime in..
My rep suggested Test suspension if you are experimenting with AI doses.
If you accidentally crash your Estrogen, the test suspension will get you back on your feet faster.

Maybe something for you to look into.

You brought up something I've always wondered about. I've never had any bad sides that I was aware of (maybe some joint soreness) from crashing Estro and I have done some long runs of Letro to reduce gyno. Maybe I'm just missing something but if guys are all fucked up from low estro why not just bump up your test level so you produce more Estro? Yeah I get that this could result in going round and round trying to get the balance back but if low E is making you feel so shitty seems like it would be worth a shot.

Added note , my most immediate concerns with high E is gyno. About 40 years in trying to keep that under control and about 2 years ago I finally tried Ralox, nothing has come close to being as effective as the Ralox, along with an AI only when needed, for keeping it under control.

Arimidex (anastrozole)
Aromasin (exemestane)
Femara (letrozole)

Thank you
-Magnus
There is an excellent section built into this forum under AAS and AI - explains what each is and how to use. As for myself - with TRT, I use nothing. I test my blood minimum every two months and if needed I have arimidex and aromasin on hand but have never needed it yet.

You brought up something I've always wondered about. I've never had any bad sides that I was aware of (maybe some joint soreness) from crashing Estro and I have done some long runs of Letro to reduce gyno. Maybe I'm just missing something but if guys are all fucked up from low estro why not just bump up your test level so you produce more Estro? Yeah I get that this could result in going round and round trying to get the balance back but if low E is making you feel so shitty seems like it would be worth a shot.

Added note , my most immediate concerns with high E is gyno. About 40 years in trying to keep that under control and about 2 years ago I finally tried Ralox, nothing has come close to being as effective as the Ralox, along with an AI only when needed, for keeping it under control.

I crashed my E last Christmas with Adex. I too had the most crazy anxiety and insomnia. I did bump test but still took 3 weeks to get back to normal...which is a loooong time if you are getting anxiety and not use to it.

To answer the questions above...

TRT - no ai
Above TRT - aromasin for nice steady ability to dial in
Above TRT - Adex for instant drop in E

At this age I always keep E2 under 30pg/ml...actually feel best when it’s under 28.

I like @Bagua answer if it didn’t stimulate prostate for Many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disclaimer... I havnt used that method before.
BUT you are correct.
If you're low on E, just on more test.

A newbie friend just crashed his estro last week.
The problem is hes running Test E.
So I'll will take 4 days to reach peak, then he has to re adjust... so another 4 days to ensure his estro is back.

With Test Susp, you can get yournestro back to sufficient levels quickly.
Also something he is experiencing... his estro is back, but his shoulders are still dry.

Maybe it takes extra time to fully recover once your levels are back?
Dunno, I avoid AIs.

Proviron for AI control... or Mast.
That's the best IMHO

If you crash estrogen and have nothing around try taking and extra 2 cc of Test right away and eat estrogenic foods
20 Foods High in Estrogen
Based on the research from the study cited above, the top 20 foods to increase estrogen levels on a per-serving basis are listed below. Clearly the top recommendation would be consumption of flaxseeds and other soy-related products (e.g. soybeans, soy nuts, and tofu). Understand that certain foods may not have been taken into consideration in this study and therefore the list may not be conclusive.
  1. Flaxseed (163,133)
  2. Soybeans (45,724)
  3. Soy nuts (21,306)
  4. Textured veggie protein (8,923)
  5. Tofu (8,688)
  6. Soy milk (7,422)
  7. Soy yogurt (6,576)
  8. Tempeh (6,407)
  9. Flax bread (3,770)
  10. Sesame seed (2,722)
  11. Miso Paste (2,463)
  12. Multigrain bread (2,207)
  13. Miso Soup (1,691)
  14. Soy protein powder (1,591)
  15. Doughnuts (1,568)
  16. Soy protein bar (1,525)
  17. Black bean sauce (1,119)
  18. Hummus (605)
  19. Veggie burger (484)
  20. Soy bacon bits (482)
https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/04/08/20-foods-high-in-estrogen-phytoestrogens/

Disclaimer... I havnt used that method before.
BUT you are correct.
If you're low on E, just on more test.

A newbie friend just crashed his estro last week.
The problem is hes running Test E.
So I'll will take 4 days to reach peak, then he has to re adjust... so another 4 days to ensure his estro is back.

With Test Susp, you can get yournestro back to sufficient levels quickly.
Also something he is experiencing... his estro is back, but his shoulders are still dry.

Maybe it takes extra time to fully recover once your levels are back?
Dunno, I avoid AIs.

Proviron for AI control... or Mast.
That's the best IMHO

I appreciate what you are saying here but feel compelled to correct one point, Test E peaks at right around 24hrs. (24-48 depending on several factors including dose). Suspension is obviously much quicker but if all you have on hand is Test E a day or so hopefully shouldn't cause too much harm. Might be the better option to shoot what you got rather than the time it would take most of us to acquire Suspension if none is on hand.

I appreciate what you are saying here but feel compelled to correct one point, Test E peaks at right around 24hrs. (24-48 depending on several factors including dose). Suspension is obviously much quicker but if all you have on hand is Test E a day or so hopefully shouldn't cause too much harm. Might be the better option to shoot what you got rather than the time it would take most of us to acquire Suspension if none is on hand.

Agreed 100%
Best to just pin what you have.

Let me rephrase, he suggested to have some ON HAND, just in case.

Excellent catch there and great point

Do you use Ralox ED since 2 years? or only when on blast?
Going to start my Deca this weekend and remembered last year i had some problem getting things right. Nips didn't itch or feel sensible at all but suddenly became painful when presure put on them (lying chest on bench) and rapidly feel mini lump under them. Maybe Ralox would be better than Nolva with Deca

To contibute to the thread now,
I prefer Asin over adex, easier to manage with precision, safer on cholesterol too. Seems healthier in the long road.
Frequently got aching joint when using adex, still keep it on hand for rapid needs but not in my ED stash use.
Never used letro.

Do you use Ralox ED since 2 years? or only when on blast?
Going to start my Deca this weekend and remembered last year i had some problem getting things right. Nips didn't itch or feel sensible at all but suddenly became painful when presure put on them (lying chest on bench) and rapidly feel mini lump under them. Maybe Ralox would be better than Nolva with Deca

Yes pretty much straight through. IIRC it went something like 60 mg/day for a few (3?) months which calmed down a flair up, then 30/day after that. Note that my gyno has never been that bad visually. Most people would deny that I even had it, you can only really see it well when I flex with arms down. It is actual gyno though, confirmed with mammogram. So it's not bad visually but you can definitely feel it, you can feel the individual swollen nodes especially when it's flaired up. Main issue is pain. I have consulted with a surgeon but I'm on the fence about operating, it's really not that big a deal as per what I said above. My chest looks good generally and I'd be chocked if surgery fucked up the way it looks.

I did come off Ralox for a couple of months when my bloods showed excess calcium level just out of range, thinking Ralox might have been related. Calcium went back down and has stayed down in range since resumption though so I'm not sure what caused the elevation but it does not appear to be the ralox.

I have Arimidex on hand. I have used it to quench a few fires when on, but never needed during cruise. I have not needed it in well over a year now, on or off. And as said, its easy to crash so watch out.

Guy I work with needs letro on the regular when on... we are all very different.