Any Gas and/or HVAC Technicians in the house?

MrMeat

Trusted Member
I'm in the process of starting a new career. I'm currently enrolled in a G3 program at a technical school. This school also offers the G2 program which continues after the G3 is completed.

Is it worth it to continue with the G2 right after the G3? Or should I get my G3 then get a job in the field and get some experience. Then sometime in the future challenge the G2 exam?

Not sure which province your in but ive never heard of G2 or G3. I have a gasfitter B ticket which allows me to work on anything up to 400k btu.

I'm in Ontario. Unfortunately every province has a different governing body and standards.

I bit the bullet and decided to take the G2 right after the G3.

I'm in Ontario. Unfortunately every province has a different governing body and standards.

I don’t miss working in Ontario haha I had to pay and register my red seal certification to work in Ontario. I actually got a fine because I didn’t register but I didn’t know that was even a thing haha.

I got a project manager position now in Edmonton but from one trades man to another, good luck and be safe.

It was the right move. Some companies are so starved for G2 guys they pay nice bonuses just to start.

What you are allowed to work on unsupervised is night and day and the pay is much better for limited time in school.