Another fucking injury

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
I think im done with lifting. Seems like im hirt more than im healthy. Went to throw up a set of dumbells for chest press. Only 70lbs and arm twisted a bit and blew out my elbow. Fuck this is depressing

Nah, just time to modify what you do on certain body parts..... say bye-bye to db's and hello to the smith press, hammer strength and other machines. I haven't been able to use db's on presses in 2 years, don't quit, adapt :)

Fuck brother that sucks!!! But like @Boomer said don’t toss in the towel just yet. I’ve got a fucky shoulder whenever it’s getting pissy I drop the dbs and hit up machines to let it get it’s shit together! Good luck and speedy recovery

Fuck it. Gonna drop upper body altogether and start training legs twice a week. Westside style, see if i cant break my back

I think we’ve all gone through a period where injuries seemed to happen at every turn, gets so frustrating!

Key is to adapt, training is a constant change, what worked yesterday just isn’t going to cut it today. I haven’t benched with a barbell in over 10 years and will never again, heavy low reps are a distant memory.

The love of the sport is a given, constant change is as well. Take the time to heal and get a pen and paper out and start jotting down your options.

I can relate as this comes with my age. I had to completely rethink how I train, more reps/less weight, more days off.
There are compound exercises that are key to strength and mass that I just won’t do anymore.
Sorry about your injury - hope it get some better soon.
I’ve used BPC157 andTB500 at times for issues with some success in combo with physio.

I can relate as this comes with my age. I had to completely rethink how I train, more reps/less weight, more days off.
There are compound exercises that are key to strength and mass that I just won’t do anymore.
Sorry about your injury - hope it get some better soon.
I’ve used BPC157 andTB500 at times for issues with some success in combo with physio.
Yeah i know all about bpc157 and tb500 spent about 2 grand on it last time it happened

I think im done with lifting. Seems like im hirt more than im healthy. Went to throw up a set of dumbells for chest press. Only 70lbs and arm twisted a bit and blew out my elbow. Fuck this is depressing

Well shit eh...sorry to hear that brother.

I love heavy DB bench as well, its one of my favorites, but I know my time with that particular excercise is nearing an end due to my left shoulder. Hopefully I have a couple years, but I don't really know.

Bad lower back, both shoulders dislocate (left one is bad), crushed ankle, etc... gotta adapt

I hope your injury heals fast and you keep going.

Fuck it. Gonna drop upper body altogether and start training legs twice a week. Westside style, see if i cant break my back

I learned awhile ago giving up some exercises that were prone to injuring me, changing my lifting frequency, lowering # of sets and changing to lower weight higher reps for certain body parts seemed to slow my progress when I was training but overall progress went much faster than when I was training, hurting myself, refusing to stop training to heal, finally taking time off to heal, returning tot the gym to start chasing my numbers I was hitting before I hurt myself before hurting myself again because I made the same mistakes

I'm on adaptive training right now because of 2 herniated discs. Tonnes of machines, cables, light dumbells. And you know what... It's not that bad actually.
Elbows, knees and shoulders are grateful for it. I'm still making linear gains . I'm able to train in a different way than I ever have...
I don't touch dumbells over 50lbs tbh...
Just got a tonne of comments tonight at rapts game about how much bigger I've gotten.
I've hung up powerlifting for foreseeable future and yet I'm growing.
Doing hammer strength machines instead of heavy deads was a weird start but can't deny the progress and gains...