JOURNAL: A Girl on Gear

I've been hovering around 147lbs... I added some extra fats to my diet.

Total cals: 1570
Carbs: 69g
Fats: 70g
Protein: 163g

I have started LIGHT cardio this week. I need something. I cannot not workout or not work. I need one or the two. My mind needs to stay busy.

I picked up another book from the library and started a new coloring page. Son has bronchitis, he stayed home yesterday but, I think he will want to go back to school today. Hes been wanting to do gymnastics so, to fancy his interest, I might sign him up at the boys and girls club.

I'm back to the hard knocks of no sleep. Got up at 130am to pee. Laid in bed for almost a hr. Turned on a story, was ready to pass back out, kinda. Story ended and, I was back in my head. Ativans help but, if I take them often, more than 3x a wk, I'm left with anxious chest pains and, I dont like that. I'll make another doctors appointment.

I have like 2 errands to run. Some chores. And I'm gonna try napping today. I was doing so well with sleeping then, poof, went back to shits.

Anyways. Off to do fasted cardio. Oh. I am fasting with my online partner for 14hr/day. He has been doing it and so, I kinda just tagged along with him. He helps me with a lot so, I figured I'd do this with him to support him.

1hr cardio today. (I know. I'm suppose to take it easy). Did 40 on the bike and then my ass had enough and go on the cybex.

I did bis and tris yesterday. Didnt use more than 10lbs. Lots. And lots of reps. Today, I had a decent shoulder workout. Again, no more than 10lbs, lots of reps. Different tempos.

I will only do cardio tomorrow. Car goes in to get fixed. Car needs something replaced by the timing chain? Oil cover? I dont know? I just know if it didnt get taken care of, I'll have a oil leak and something can happen to timing chain. And, I do NOT want anything happening to my timing chain. Itll be trash if that fucks up. Need a new tie rod. So, I'll rest.

Wednesday I want to do light legs. Let's see if my coach will let me. Mainly body weight lifts.

I got really down about myself this morning. That I even cried. Not something I should admit but, I want to note that I did so. I can look back at this in a year and tell myself I was foolish. Or. Get down again. I dont know.

I'll post up a picture from todays workout.

50mg with food about a half-hour before bed should do the trick. It is an antidepressant and the insomnia use is off label. It is non-addicting and some recent studies have shown it improves the quality of sleep. I will find them and post them for you. One drawback many people complain of is a hangover from the med the next morning. With most people, this goes away after getting used to the med. The time depends on the person.

You look great - not sure why your hard on yourself. Trazadone is one if the meds I suggested before and the only concern, when I took it two decades ago for insomnia, was priapism and don’t think you have to worry about it.
It worked great for me but remeron is better albeit remeron makes you hungry.

Thank you guys!

I thought someone suggested it but, wasnt sure.

I'll give it a shot. So, safe to say, fasting will be off the table for a little? Or just take it with my last meal? Which is usually 430/5. And bed time routine starts at 6ish.

Watch the mirtazapine for weight gain and increased appetite. It's not a sleeping pill as in the hypnotic/sedative type but is actually an anti-depressant. that we just class as "anti-depressant other". That's because we aren't sure how it works. If you can get by with 7.5 mg that would be a good thing but most people find that 15 mg seems to work well for sleep.
Trazodone is also an anti-depressant, but because it is older it has more hypnotic-like effects. (not too sure how it works either and is often listed as other). It doesn't lead to weight gain and you need to take it with it with food. This can be problematic if your last meal is early in the evening and you take it too early the sedation will wear off and it won't help so much for sleep. A light meal or even a shake before bed may do. Just watch for signs of stomach issues. Trazodone has just recently been shown to enhance sleep quality for many people and is being looked at for many other uses.
https://www.psychcongress.com/news/trazodone-improves-some-measures-sleep-quality
https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/the-power-rest/201704/is-trazodone-the-new-brain-wonder-drug
The doctor prescribe 50mg. Can I ask the pharmacist to cut the dose?

Hi @German89 - don’t ask the pharmacist to cut your pills. At least I wouldn’t. Cut them yourself with a sharp knife if you want to start with a smaller dosage. If less works, go with it and tell your doctor.
Some pharmacists are super sensitive to messing with dcotor’s Orders.

25 mg is a pretty low dose. Most 50 mg are scored, so you shouldn't have a problem cutting them. You can ask the pharmacist for the simple reason that you should have a therapeutic relationship with your pharmacy, much as you have one with your doc.

Thank you guys!

I thought someone suggested it but, wasnt sure.

I'll give it a shot. So, safe to say, fasting will be off the table for a little? Or just take it with my last meal? Which is usually 430/5. And bed time routine starts at 6ish.

That should be OK. What you don't want is for the early sedation effects to wear off when you are heading to sleep. Play it by ear.

Why are you going the chemical route when good ole mary-jane is available in many forms.... no hang over.... ? Not being confrontational, just curious as to why no just smoke a real good joint?

Why are you going the chemical route when good ole mary-jane is available in many forms.... no hang over.... ? Not being confrontational, just curious as to why no just smoke a real good joint?
@Boomer - I don’t want to answer for this nice lady but for many that product causes anxiety and paranoia regardless of the strain and isn’t a fix For everyone.

@Boomer - I don’t want to answer for this nice lady but for many that product causes anxiety and paranoia regardless of the strain and isn’t a fix For everyone.

I have heard of folks with that issue....could be the case..... I personally don't trust jack shit coming from the medical "professionals" these days.... since they are single-handedly responsible for the current opioid issue.... seems all docs want now a days is to give you a pill for everything.....