20yr old with low T 10nmol/l

hussein

Trusted Member
hi, so I am 20 yrs old with low T. been working out and dieting with no results for 9months. went to as low as 1500 cals + 30 min cardio/day+ weights and no weight loss. I have all the symptoms: depression, crap sleep, gyno, tired, sore from the gym from doing nothing, bones hurt alot, etc... I have an appointment with endocrinologist on Jan 3 so hopefully something useful will happen. I recently found out that it could possibly be a pituitary tumor that causes low T, still didnt test for that. I did blood test for everything except gh, prolactin, dht.
So what I want is your opinions and experience on this issue. also if some of you know some good doctors. I read alot of threads about TRT on here and it's not looking promising especially for a 20 yr old to get prescribed test

IMO opinion you are 100% in need of TRT with that low of a number for someone your age. Unfortunately as you have read you may get turned down since so many docs are ignorant. Here’s to hoping you get a good endo who is on board.

Do what you are doing and hold tight for the Endo appointment. 20 years old with low T is something that needs to be addressed especially with all the symptoms you are displaying. It most certainly isn't age-related hypogonadism. The Endo will send you for a new series of tests to ascertain what he or she will do to combat your symptoms.
Is your Endo working out of a hospital?

Dr. Peter Attia says there are 9 different signalling pathways that could lead to low test. I am not smart enough to tell you what those pathways are. I'm just saying this because jumping straight to test injections may not be the most correct solution. See your endo. See where it goes. I'd say fixing the problem is better than trt.

Yes. That is where we should be guiding him.
I really dont wanna be on trt at 20 yrs old.
but how would low T be fixed? the only things I know are: high estrogen, high prolactin, or pituitary tumor. I know I dont have high estrogen, but the other two haven't been tested yet. is that what you are referring to

I really dont wanna be on trt at 20 yrs old.
but how would low T be fixed? the only things I know are: high estrogen, high prolactin, or pituitary tumor. I know I dont have high estrogen, but the other two haven't been tested yet. is that what you are referring to

What I am referring to is most Endos will send you out for bloodwork and urinalysis when they see you. They have confidence in their own labs of choice. Endos in hospitals are great because they have resources on hand. How Low T being fixed is beyond the scope of this Forum.
Has anyone mentioned Tanner Stages to you?

never heard of tanner stages, just searched it rn tho
so all endo's know how to diagnose problems; meaning I shouldn't worry about them being incompetent?

never heard of tanner stages, just searched it rn tho
so all endo's know how to diagnose problems; meaning I shouldn't worry about them being incompetent?

I suppose it is all relevant. I would rather see an endo for hormonal questions than a dentist, and there is no way I am going to let an Endo give me a root canal.
Try not to worry about it now. You have the Holidays, which you should be enjoying and an appointment. There is nothing you can do in the interim.

thnx for ur input, I have been researching and I do have many of the symptoms.

I have a close friend with this and it made life in his teens and twenties pretty shitty. He finally found out at about 28. With treatment he is a different guy.

I know it wasn’t trt but he did end up on it in his late 30s.

Last edited:
hi, so I am 20 yrs old with low T. been working out and dieting with no results for 9months. went to as low as 1500 cals + 30 min cardio/day+ weights and no weight loss. I have all the symptoms: depression, crap sleep, gyno, tired, sore from the gym from doing nothing, bones hurt alot, etc... I have an appointment with endocrinologist on Jan 3 so hopefully something useful will happen. I recently found out that it could possibly be a pituitary tumor that causes low T, still didnt test for that. I did blood test for everything except gh, prolactin, dht.
So what I want is your opinions and experience on this issue. also if some of you know some good doctors. I read alot of threads about TRT on here and it's not looking promising especially for a 20 yr old to get prescribed test
What’s your estrogen levels?

I had the same issue, in my case it was most likely due to malnutrition.

I’m sure the endocrinologist will help you figure things out. If not I don’t see why they wouldn’t prescribe testosterone replacement if they aren’t able to get your natural levels healthy

What’s your estrogen levels?

I had the same issue, in my case it was most likely due to malnutrition.

I’m sure the endocrinologist will help you figure things out. If not I don’t see why they wouldn’t prescribe testosterone replacement if they aren’t able to get your natural levels healthy
estrogen is fine, everything is fine except testosterone, but didnt test prolactin, gh, dht

estrogen is fine, everything is fine except testosterone, but didnt test prolactin, gh, dht

Hm to be honest I don’t know enough information about natural testosterone levels myself to give you any advice, I’m just starting to learn more about it now since I’m thinking about getting off gear completely

hoping your endocrinologist can figure things out for you,

I was on TRT around age 30 - doctors could not determine the cause and I did nit abuse AAS to cause the issue. I was prescribed TRT and it turned me into a different person in a good way.
That being said - my numbers were well below the low range.
Good luck bud
GR