13 Reasons Why

Bagua

Staff member
Has anybody watched this show? I know it's not the type of show most of us look for but I am binging it at the moment.
It's weird but even though I don't counsellor work with kids anymore I felt a certain responsibility to watch it. I was up all flipping night trying to get through it.
I think it may ring home to those of us with girls.

Pretty decent show, written well, but gives teens the wrong impression.There has been so many suicides and close calls because of this show.

My wife’s older brother committed suicide when he was 26 so she has been hesitant to watch but it’s on our list.

My wife’s older brother committed suicide when he was 26 so she has been hesitant to watch but it’s on our list.

It took me quite a while to get the gumption up to give it a go. She may have a hard time with it because as you watch it there are signs that are missed all the way through the show.

I do know that many school boards sent home letters to parents about this series... They are worried it will give students the wrong idea about suicide, glamorize it, make kids think suicide would get even with the kids who bulllied them etc...

I do know that many school boards sent home letters to parents about this series... They are worried it will give students the wrong idea about suicide, glamorize it, make kids think suicide would get even with the kids who bulllied them etc...

It's being brought up with all my friends who still counsel kids. I'm pretty ambivalent about the repercussions of the series at the moment because I see some of the cracks the kid fell through. It's a very touchy subject that has to be broached; but is this the correct media?

It's being brought up with all my friends who still counsel kids. I'm pretty ambivalent about the repercussions of the series at the moment because I see some of the cracks the kid fell through. It's a very touchy subject that has to be broached; but is this the correct media?

I think the last thing that needs to happen is to have hollywood get ahold of the whole mental health issue and look to make a buck off it. Hollywood tends to romantasize things to make it more worthy of a movie or show.

I think the last thing that needs to happen is to have hollywood get ahold of the whole mental health issue and look to make a buck off it. Hollywood tends to romantasize things to make it more worthy of a movie or show.

That is why I finally decided to watch it. I can't comment on something I haven't seen. There are so many opposing viewpoints out there.